𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋❛ stupid things have good outcomes all the time

stupid things have good outcomes all the
time. ❜

UPON HEARING THE word cops, Stella felt her heart stop. As soon as she could register anything, she followed her brother and best friend's actions of attempting to clean up and cover any trace of them. Then, they hunted for a hiding spot.

"The bathroom!" JJ suggested. "We'll hide behind the curtain."

"Are you serious?" asked Stella. "Have you not seen a single horror movie? The bathroom is the worst spot."

"Well, I don't hear you coming up with anything else-"

"Guys!" John B whisper-shouted, cutting off the two's bickering. JJ and Stella snapped heir gaze toward him, watching as he tried to pry the window open. "Shut the hell up and help me."

JJ and Stella raced forward. JJ helped John B undo the latch on the window as Stella gazed out the window, watching as the cops grew closer to the door. She felt her heart stop when she thought they saw her.

Just as the boys had managed to get the window open wide enough for them to fit, they exited before calling Stella over. "Stella, get your ass over here!"

Stella raced over toward them. When she was half-way through the window, she heard a bang on the door, causing her blood to run cold and her to freeze.

"Stellie, come on!" JJ shouted. Stella didn't move. Then, they heard jingling of keys, causing the boys to exchange a glance before JJ reached forward and grabbed her arm.

JJ pulled her into him as John B slammed the window shut, in just enough time for them to go unnoticed.

Stella's hand gripped JJ's bicep for dear life as her other arm wrapped around his waist, gripping the back of his shirt while she regained her balance.

As soon as the girl was stable on the roof's ledge, she spun around, casing JJ's arm to tighten around her waist while she gripped his arm.

Stella leaned forward, attempting to see through the window and watch the cops. At least until she felt herself lean too far, causing her to trip slightly before JJ pulled her back. Her hands clamped around his, which were tight around her waist, as her head fell onto his shoulder.

"It's okay," JJ whispered softly into her ear when he noticed her breathing grow heavy and uneven. "I got you."

A chill rolled down Stella's back at his raspy voice. She didn't know what the hell she was feeling or why, but she couldn't say she was complaining.

JJ leaned over, tugging Stella's body under his as he leaned past her. He straddled the ledge while pressing his body against Stella's which was now pressed against the brick wall. Stella cursed the position as JJ gazed through the window. "What the fu—" she heard JJ mumbled to John B before he raised his finger to his mouth, shutting him up.