13

Hatter rested peacefully on the table, his body cold and limp. You inspected his body from head to toe before your eyes landed on Aguni. His eyes seemed duller and his face remained stoic. You looked away before he could meet your gaze. Your lips curled into a sly smirk.

The door flung open and Ann hurriedly walked over to the crowd, followed by a breathless Tatta. Her eyes widened, displaying visible shock on her face.

"..It seems he couldn't clear the game. The maintenance team found him by chance in Shinjuku while we were refilling the gasoline," Tatta said, taking parole to break the silence.

Ann walked closer to Hatter's body, about to touch his face before Niragi interrupted her.

"Hey, don't touch him as you please," he said, walking towards her, "you dissection maniac."

Ann put down her hand and proceeded to inspect his body. Her eyes darted at the bullet wound he had on his chest.

"He was shot by a gun. Did his game involve guns?" She asked, straightening herself and looking around for anyone to answer.

"Most likely," Tatta replied, "some of those near the game arena heard gunshots too."

"Oh my! He should have brought the militants along with him!" Niragi sneered, as if he was mocking or belittling Hatter.

"What's.." A militant said in a low tone, "..What's going to happen to the Beach?"

"Keep this a secret from the rest. They will be shaken by this," Mira said. For once, she wasn't smiling. Her face was serious and straight.

Kuzuryu stepped front, adjusting his glasses before crossing his arms again. "I'll be the next leader since I'm Number Two."

"Wait a second!" Niragi said, walking up to Kuzuryu, "shouldn't the strongest person be the leader? We're the ones who have been getting rid of the traitors, yet we've been treated as shadows the entire time. This unfair treatment ends today!"

"If Number one dies, everyone moves up by a number. We agreed on this rule," Kuzuryu stated.

"The snobbish dictator is dead. The power has shifted, hasn't it?" Niragi said, his voice getting louder, "let's just be democratic and go with the majority."

Niragi walked around the crowd of people, flashing you a couple of looks before speaking. "Who agrees that Aguni should be the new leader?"

The room fell dead silent, nobody raising their hands or speaking. This continued for a few minutes until Niragi clicked his tongue.

"What a bad reaction," he said, shaking his head in disapproval, "Last Boss," he called out, catching the Last Boss' attention. He nodded as if giving a signal.

The Last Boss walked towards Ann and unsheathed his katana, pointing the tip at her side before slowly elevating it towards her neck.

She tilted her head to avoid getting pricked by it, her eyes showing discontent and annoyance.

"I'll ask again," Niragi said in a more intimidating tone, "who here...agrees that Aguni should be the leader?"

Ann stared at the Last Boss for a few seconds before rolling her eyes and raising her hand.

Niragi stared at Ann in amusement and smirked.