21

You were always smart. You figured out the hardest puzzles in a matter of a few minutes and your intelligence was immeasurable. You've figured out so many puzzles, and you know yourself that you're smart. But this game, the King of Hearts, you were unable to figure out. Sure, it's maybe because of the fact that it's practically a labyrinth, but there were also doors that were potential traps.

All you were doing was walk in circles around this maze. You were starting to get annoyed, and there was only 2 hours remaining.

You were walking with a whole group as Anzu was still on your back. The beast roared from the distance again, making everyone panic for a second and running towards the nearby door. They seemed to ignore that the door could a trap and a woman opened the door in a panic.

The door shut on its own before you could heard the piercing screams of the lady. In a few seconds, it was dead silent, and you could only see the blood that started to pool out of the door crack. Your expression didn't change, you still looked bored. You were glad that Anzu is still asleep, because if he was awake then he would be panicking and crying.

You sighed and left the doorstep upon hearing the beast roar from behind you. You clicked your tongue and held Anzu tight before running. You knew that the beast was near. Everyone behind you also started running. You needed to find who the King of Hearts was, and you had to do it quick. You analyzed each and every one of the players, but they were all just focused on running and being terrified.

You arrived in front of a door, making everyone stop.

"S..someone open the door..!!" A woman shrieked, trembling out of fear.

"Why don't you do it?! You're the one who murdered 4 people, right?! You should pay for your sins!" A man yelled back, shoving her towards the door.

You would open it, but these people aren't deserving to live. You weren't going to sacrifice yourself for them, especially because they're just dumb adults who do reckless things to soothe themselves from depression or stress.

The beast roared again, telling everyone that it's near. You clicked your tongue and grabbed the woman's wrist, forcing her to open the door.

"Let go of me! Let go!" The woman screamed, struggling against your grip.

You made her open the door and shoved her inside. She screamed and braced herself, but nothing happened. She touched her own hands and body and laughed as she realized that she was still alive.

"I'm.. I'm alive! Hahah! You.. you tried to kill me, but you failed!" She laughed.

"Okay. Everyone, go in," you said with a monotone voice, rolling your eyes at her.

The beast roared again. Everyone went through the door and you all began running. The walls were insanely tight, which made it pretty hard to get past while running. You're glad that you and Anzu could fit perfectly in between the walls, but it still irked you about how much space you lacked.

You realized that there was some light that started to shine a path that lead to the right.

"That's.. the exit! Let's go, now!" A man yelled, running towards the path to the right. The others followed him, except for you, a slim and fit man and Anzu.