29

A/N: Hellooooo () niijirolvr is back! I hope I didn't take too long to update! Happy reading!! (ᗒᗨᗕ)

Ippei's face was full of despair, and it kind of pained you to see him. You don't know why. Since Anzu died, your heart softened and you turned into a more nicer person. He made you feel more..empathy? Towards people who you don't even know much. Was it because of that or was it just because Ippei reminded you too much of him? Your heart felt like it had been pulled and tugged by a few strings upon seeing Ippei's face.

"I don't think I can keep playing this game." Ippei sobbed, looking down.

"..Diamond." Chishiya said, his arms crossed. He told him his symbol because he had nothing to say to counter Ippei's statement.

Ippei turned to him and kept sobbing. "How much longer?" He sat down and brought his knees close to his face. "It's.. so messed up." He paused for a few seconds to continue sobbing. "I thought that.. I thought that people were so much better than this.."

Chishiya stared at him with no hint of emotion on his face. "..Man, you led a charmed life."

He stared at Ippei for a few seconds. "I'm sorry, but this is our reality now."

"Maybe we won't get out of here alive," Chishiya said, not moving an inch. "..but even so, all we can do for now, is help each other so that we can get out of this game."

Finally, Chishiya decided to crouch down next to Ippei. "Okay? We can do this."

He didn't want to do anything to upset Ippei even more, so Chishiya decided to lightly tap your shoulder, turning around. You nodded and brushed his hair aside to reveal his symbol.

"Heart," you whispered, earning a nod in return. He turned around to brush your hair aside.

"Spade." He replied.

You nodded and muttered out a small 'thank you' to him.

IT IS TIME TO GIVE YOUR ANSWER. PLEASE ENTER A SOLITARY CONFINEMENT CELL OF YOUR CHOOSING.

You gave one last reassuring pat to Ippei's shoulder before you got up, following behind Chishiya to get to the corridor full of cells. As you stepped inside a cell, the lights flickered open, revealing the almost too familiar white walls once again. Waiting for the countdown to begin, you couldn't help but worry for Ippei. Would he be able to make it through?

PLEASE GIVE YOUR ANSWER.

"Spade."

As the countdown went to zero, you heard an explosion. But you knew exactly who it was. Though you knew who got killed, you had no emotion as you stepped out of your cell. You walked towards where Ippei had his cell and simply stared at the door with a peaceful and calm expression. You couldn't express it, but you were still sad about his death. His personality was so uplifting. Chishiya appeared behind you and also stared at him through the tiny holes on the door.

"..You were too kind for this world, Ippei," he spoke in a calm tone before walking away. You stood there for a few more seconds before sighing and following behind Chishiya.

"Sorry, Ippei." You mumbled, staring at Ippei's cell as you walked behind Chishiya.

—☆×☆×☆×☆—