.+. ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 .+.

+. ESPRESSO'S POV .+.

I watched as Latte left, leaving me alone with Madeleine. I looked back down at Madeleine, who was staring at me as he hugged my chest.

We stared at each other for a few moments in silence. The only thing I was able to hear was my own heartbeat. How did this man manage to make me fall for him... I hate him so much..

Suddenly, Madeleine tackled me, pinning me to the ground. I could feel myself blushing hard. I looked away from Madeleine for a bit, trying to calm myself down. His face was so close to mine.... I turned my head to look at Madeleine again. "Maddie, what are you doing?!"

...

.+. MADELEINE'S POV .+.

...

I stared into his eyes, admiring how beautiful they were. Man... I wanna kiss him so badly.. More than just a kiss on the lips... My face was so close to his that our noses were practically touching.

"Essie-" Just as I was about to say something, Espresso pulled me down and kissed me without any hesitations. I immediately reacted to this sudden a move, kissing him back. My tongue asked for an entrance and Espresso allowed it.

We explored each other's mouths, our tongues swirling against each other. Espresso wrapped his arms around my neck and hummed into the kiss. We pulled away from the kiss, trying to catch our breaths.

"I hate you..." Espresso panted, wiping his mouth with his arm. I laughed softly and got up, allowing him to move. He's so cute! I love him so much!~ Espresso sat up on the floor and looked up at me.

 ...

.+. ESPRESSO'S POV .+.

...

"So what are you doing to do now? Are you going to your training or...?" I avoided eye contact with Madeleine as I asked the question. I saw Madeleine look over to the clock in my living room.

"Well, I basically already missed it, so I guess I'll just stay with you a little longer." I quickly stood up and nodded.

"I need to use the washroom real quick," I stated. "I'll return once I finished my business." 

I quickly rushed down the hallway and opened the door to the bathroom, with a bit of struggle. I closed it gently.

...

+. MADELEINE'S POV .+.

...

I read one of the books on the bookshelf in Espresso's lab. They were all mostly about coffee magic and other complicated stuff I don't really understand.

I wondered if Espresso was okay. He seemed to be zoning out a bit more than usual. I watched him stare out the window, a quill in his hands, almost slipping out and onto the desk.

"Essie?" I said suddenly. He shook his head lightly. "Huh?"

"Are you alright?" I asked. 

"...Yes, Madeleine. Everything is under perfect control," He responded calmly. "Why do you ask?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were alright," After all, I cared about him deeply. You seemed to be zoning out more lately."

"I told you, I'm fine, Madeleine. Nothing's wrong, I promise." 

"Alright then, if you insist... I should probably head home now. I'll see you tomorrow, Essie!" He nodded and waved at me as I walked out of his lab, heading to the front door. "Goodbye, Maddie. I love you."

"I love you too! Oh! And don't forget to get some sleep tonight, my dear!" I closed the door gently behind me and walked across the sidewalks, passing the stores as I made my way back home.

Thinking about today, I felt kind of upset and scared that my father had tried to hurt me again but thinking about that kiss today made me as happy as ever. I loved Espresso so much.

For a while, I never knew this side to Espresso. I guess we learn something new everyday, huh? I looked up at the sky, the sun was beginning to set and I still had a long way to walk. I sighed and continued to think about things as I walked back home.

-------------------

Uh- i hate this fanfic so much already!!😋😋

932 Words.