.+. ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25 .+.

WARNING: SOME DISTORTED TEXT

Most of this chapter will be a flashback/memory

.+. ESPRESSO's POV .+.

I walked back into my room and shut the door. I put my back against the wall, my hands gripping my hair, I slid down against the door onto the floor.

Why? Why Whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy? Why am I still here? I hate it here. I could've been free if I didn't listen to her.

I stood up and locked the door to my room. I took my backpack and began packing my stuff.

I finished packing all of my favorite things and slid the backpack on. I heard footsteps at the door and a few knocks.

I quickly opened my bedroom window as turned around to face the door. It unlocked and slowly creaked open.

"E̵̋͋s̶̋̎p̷̈́̓r̵̒̚ë̵́̇s̷͌͘s̶̓͛o̸̽̅?̵̷̒̓́̕? What are you doing? Where are you going?!" The girl stood in the doorway, shouting at me.

I stared at her and got onto the edge of the window. "It's none of your concern." I turned around and jumped out the window as the girl ran towards it, shouting my name.

I quickly ran as far as I could, away from that miserable place. I found myself deep in the woods, wondering around amongst the trees.

I kept on walking deeper into the forest until it was sunset. I set my backpack down next to a tree and sat down, hoping I could get some rest.

I was about to fall asleep until someone tapped on my shoulder. I looked up to see a tall and older figure. They mainly wore red and black. "Hello, dear. What are you doing in the forest so late? Where are your parents?"

She smiled softly at me. Three more people popped out from behind her. They all seemed to be extremely young. Well, at least younger than the woman who approached me.

The one with red hair tied into buns on each side of her head looked the oldest. She had a cold stare and wore a long, oversized dress.

The other had slightly long hair, just like B̴̔̈u̸͂̂t̵̑̉t̵̚͠ĕ̵͕ṛ̸̊ except his hair was black and had one white strand in the front. He looked oddly familiar. His expression looked quite curious and friendly. He had a small scar on one of his eyes.

The third one, who I assumed to be the youngest, had dreads. Some slightly covered his left eye. He had a wide grin on his face as he held a small cake hound plushie.

I looked back up at the woman and replied, "I ran away. My parents where treating me horribly. I felt miserable and didn't want to live there anymore." She looked at me for a seconds and then smiled even wider, which gave me small chills.

She held out her hand in front of me. "Why don't you join me? I'll adopt you and treat you well. Better than your old parents. Doesn't that sound great?" I looked at her with hope in my eyes.

I nodded eagerly and took her hand, grabbing my backpack with me. I walked with the group of kids who followed Dark Enchantress to their castle, hoping that I would finally be happy with them.

...Little did I know, joining them was the worst decision in my entire life.

I hated them. I absolutely hated them. The only person who was kind to me was Dark Choco, the 2nd oldest of the four children.

Pomegranate would often manipulate me to get me to do things for her, using her mirror she had. She would be able to communicate through mirrors and display horrible memories or scenes on them.

Licorice would toy around with me and annoy me. He forced me to do things I didn't want to and if I didn't, he would tell his minions to do something harmful to me.

But worse of all was Dark Enchantress. Of course, she was our "mother" but whenever I did something wrong, even if it was little, she would hurt me. It hurt more than what my parents do.

She would even give me the sweet talk, though I knew it was fake. They all were. Dark Choco soon left the group.

And so did I.

One night, I learned that I was able to fly and do telekinesis using my coffee magic. I packed up all of my things and flew out of the castle with my newly learned powers.

I flew all the way to the Vanilla Kingdom and decided to stay here, since it seemed like a peaceful place.

I bought a small house and settled in, hoping no body would find me in this small neighborhood.

A few weeks later, I found out my half sister also lived in the kingdom. Whenever I went out to buy groceries or get coffee, I tried my best to hide amongst the crowds.

But she was still able to find me, even if I tried to hide. There was also one thing I noticed when I'd go out.

A large crowd of people often surrounded a tall, blonde figure in armor. I found it odd so I didn't pay much attention to it.

I would often stay inside my house, waiting. Waiting for what?

...

For him, of course. There was nothing else to do but wait. I almost gave up on all hope. I continued to study coffee magic as I did so.

One day, my sister dragged me out of my house and brought me to a café. Then, I saw the blonde again. Suddenly, I realized.

It was him.

...

"Espresso?" I opened my eyes to find myself laying on Madeleine's lap. I turned my head to face him. "Do you need something?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I was just wondering if you were alright. You seemed to be moving a lot more than usual in your sleep." He brushed the strands of hair on the side out of my face.

"It's nothing, just a dream." He gave me a soft smile and nodded. I got up and sat on his lap, facing him. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I rest my head on his shoulder.

 I loved him. He was so comfortable. Comfy enough for me to...

"Wake up, idiots! Your two days are up, Espresso. Khehehe..."

-------------------

Recap of Espresso's life LOL

1039 Words.