.+. ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30 .+.

!!! TW: MENTIONS OF SU!C!D€, DR0WNING, & BL00D !!!

.+. ESPRESSO'S POV .+.

It's been at least 3 weeks after the incident. I haven't left my house very often ever since. Latte would visit my house every three hours or so to check up on me and make sure I wasn't trying to do anything stupid again.

I lay in bed, my mind completely blank. I didn't want to get up. I haven't eaten in days and I was so tired.

Accept it already. He isn't coming back. I turn on my side, hugging my pillow. I didn't cry or anything anymore, but it still hurt. So much.

After a couple of minutes, someone knocked on my door. I laid there for a few more seconds before slowly getting up. Tossing my blankets aside, I walked out to answer the door.

Like I had expected, Latte stood outside. She starred at me for a bit before speaking, "Ess! Your hair's a mess!"

I blinked. "It's never this messy.. C'mon! Let me do your hair for you." I let her inside, shutting the door behind her.

I really didn't want to do this but I didn't have enough energy to refuse. So, I sat down beside her on the couch as she fixed my hair until it looked how it usually did.

"Espresso... Why haven't you been eating?" I looked up at her, her face full of concern. Why should I try?

"Do you want me to make you something to eat?" I shook my head. "Just get me some coffee, please."

She looked at me sadly. "...Do you at least want a donut?" The donuts... I nodded as she stood up and went to the kitchen.

I turned away from the entrance to the kitchen and smiled sadly to myself. I remember when he took me out and got us donuts. It reminds me a lot about him.

I thought about Madeleine way more often than I thought about my research or anything else. I just wanted him to come back, even though I knew he'd never come back.

I lost him again.

And this time, it was forever.

I wish it was me who took his place instead. I can't live like this, I refuse to. Then, an idea popped into my head.

Today was gonna be the perfect day. Just then, Latte came back into the room, holding a cup of hot coffee and a plate of two donuts.

She placed them down onto the small table by the couch. "Here, eat up, Ess!" I gave her a small smile as a thanks and took a sip of the coffee.

After a short while, I had finished my food and washed the plate. I felt less tired, but I was still sick of this place.

"Thank you for stopping by to check up on me everyday, Latte. I appreciate it." She smiled at me.

"Of course! You're my brother after all." I smiled back at her. Too bad, I'll miss you.

"Thanks for being the best sister I've ever had." She hummed a response. "Ever since mom and dad neglected me, you were the only one there for me out of our family."

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Latte hugged me. Normally, I didn't like hugs, but this was an exception. So, I hugged her back, knowing this would probably be the last time we'd ever hug.

"Alright, I have to go now, Ess." Latte said as she pulled away from the hug. "I'll see you soon, alright?"

I nodded. "Good luck teaching today. Goodbye, Latte." I waved at her as she left my house.

My lips broke into a small smile as I began walking to my lab room. As soon as I was inside my lab, I opened the drawer to grab a few small pieces of paper, a pencil, and tape.

Sitting down at my desk, I wrote down two notes. I left one on my desk and taped the other on my front door. I made sure my door was locked and then made my way to the river.

...

.+. LATTE'S POV .+.

...

I was on my lunch break after teaching the second class for an hour and decided to go check up on Espresso. On my way to his house, I noticed a strange piece of paper taped to his door.

Huh? Did Espresso leave this here? It doesn't seem like he would do such a thing. As I got closer to his door, I was able to read what the paper had to say.

"Dear visitor,
If you're reading this, I'm currently not home and neither will I be ever again. Please do not look for me, it'll be useless.

Espresso C. Bean"

My eyes widened as I read the note. Wh..at..? He isn't... Panicked, I quickly took out my keys and unlocked his door, immediately swinging it open and dashing inside.

"Espresso!" I called out desperately. "Espresso?!" I simultaneously looked around his house, hoping to find anything, anything that he may have left behind.

Once I had reached his lab, there was another note on the desk. I picked it up to get a closer look.

"Dear Latte,
I know you probably went into my house and are reading this, so I would like you to know that I love you. Thank you for being the best half-sister I've ever had and for all of our past memories. Thank you for everything. Unfortunately, I'm not able to handle living without the love of my life. I hope to meet again in the next life.

 Espresso C. Bean"

What..? No.. This can't be..

...

.+. ESPRESSO'S POV .+.

...

I stood on the bridge that arches over the river, looking down at my reflection. I'm back here again. Déjà vu.

The reflection starred back at me, a small smile forming on my lips. I took off my glasses and placed it on the ground.

The warmth tugged at my arm, but I got up onto the edge of the bridge's railing, feeling the small breeze blowing in the air. I starred into the horizon with a smile painted on my face.

Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes. No one will stop me today. Finally, I allowed myself to fall forward, creating a huge splash as I drop into the water.

I opened my eyes as I fell deeper into the river, water filling my vision, stinging my eyes. I watched as the surface grew smaller and smaller, rocks passing by me.

A few rocks barely scrape me, some hit me hard. A sharp rock cuts my skin, blood pooling out into the water. I closed my eyes and took my final breath as I ran out of air.

Finally.

I'm finally able to do what I've always wanted to.

I'll be able to see him again.

I can finally be what I've always wanted to be.

...

Happy.

—————————-

Hello all! You have finally reached the end of this fanfic. I hope you all enjoyed reading my first ever fanfic as I did writing this. Thank you all so much for your support! I love yall fr.

Coming soon is another Espresseleine fanfic including fluff and other stuff so be on the lookout! :)

1140 Words.