Chapter 4

After Wally had sent her a text saying that he was visiting his family in Central City and would be back in a couple of days, Jesse McCulloch had been fine with that, but then she'd gotten another text that he'd been attacked by another speedster on his way to Central City and while he'd assured her that he was fine and he was still going to Central City, since for some reason, he seemed to think that his family might know something about this speedster, not that she knew why, but he'd asked her to see if there was anything she could find on her end, since Jesse was his person in a chair, the genius who made his suit and designed most of the toys they had in their base.

Though it would be easier for her if she didn't have to hack into her own company's database. Or rather, her family's company, McCulloch Technologies. Her parents, Eva McCulloch and Joseph Carver, had founded McCulloch Technologies and up until a few months ago, Jesse had been an employee there and was even being groomed to take over the company when the time came.

Then everything changed, starting with her mother disappearing around the same time Wally had gotten his powers. After that, her douchebag father, who she'd never really liked growing up, just because she knew that he'd never wanted kids originally and it was only due to her mother's begging that he'd agreed, but he'd been very cold to her growing up, but anyways, after her mother disappeared, her father basically disowned her and bought out all her shares in the company and forced her out and considering how quickly it had happened, she was convinced that he'd been planning it for months and made her think that maybe he had something to do with her mother's disappearance in the first place, but so far, she had no proof and she'd lost access to all her designs, literally everything she'd built was taken from her, since her father had been very thorough in cutting her out of the business.

But anyways, before she'd left and before her security clearance was revoked, Jesse had built several hidden backdoor entry points into the McCulloch Technologies mainframe so that she could hack into it when she needed to, since she was determined to find out what her father was up to so that she could take back her company and prevent her father from doing any more damage than he already has, since she knew that there was something suspicious going on with him.

Which was why shortly after she'd been booted from McCulloch Technologies, Jesse had used a part of the very generous severance package that her father had given her after he'd booted her from McCulloch to hire a private investigator to start digging into Joseph, since considering how large the severance had been and the fact that she hadn't received the money until after she'd been forced to sign a nondisclosure agreement that prevented her from speaking out against McCulloch Technologies, it was clear that it was obviously a payoff to try and keep her quiet. Though not surprisingly, her father did not know her very well if he thought that would work, since even though at the moment, she couldn't sue her father for wrongful termination, she could still try and find out what her father was up to.

But anyways, shortly after she got Wally's texts, she got a call from her private investigator.

"Talk to me." Jesse said.

"Hey, I found something. Meet me at my office. It's important." the person on the other end of the call said.

"Okay, I'll be right there." Jesse said as she hung up, wishing she had Wally's powers, since it would make getting around town so much faster now.