Chapter 17

A few days later found Wally, Jesse, Dinah and Kira standing in the new bar Jesse had bought for Dinah as a thank you for all her help in getting proof against her dad and they were celebrating the downfall of Joseph Carver, since one of her father's flunkies had given up all of his associates in exchange for amnesty and her father had been transferred into Argus custody after it had been learned that he had metahuman assassins on his payroll and they were currently being rounded up, which hopefully meant that none of them would be able to retaliate against Jesse. Jesse was also working with Keystone PD and Argus to dismantle her father's criminal organization, Black Hole.

Anyways, right now Team Impulse was currently enjoying drinks.

"So, what happens now?" Kira asked Jesse after Wally popped the champagne.

"Now, I finally get back to work and before you ask Kira, I've already got a very nice job offer lined up for you at McCulloch tech. Private office, large budget, state of the art R&D lab, it's pretty much candyland for someone like you." Jesse said and Kira smiled.

"What about my metal side? Won't we risk exposure?" Kira asked and Jesse chuckled.

"We've run tests and your camo mode is also designed to be undetectable by cameras or scanners or metal detectors." Jesse said.

"And how state of the art is this lab?" Kira asked.

"Second best lab in the building, since it's my old one from before my dad fired me, since now, I'm getting his lab, which has the best toys." Jesse said and she could tell that she had Kira hooked.

"You've got me interested, but before I accept, I need to talk to my family. My grandmother will be thrilled that I finally found a high paying job, but I feel like my brother won't be as accepting. I need to explain to him that not all corporations are evil and that I can do more good working for one. Besides, I want to tell him the truth about me." Kira said.

"You want to tell him that you're a cyborg?" Wally asked, honestly not that surprised, since from what he'd heard about Chester, he knew that he'd loved having a robo sister and he could keep a secret.

"I think that he'd be pretty accepting of what I've become, though my nana can never know, since while she's accepted that both Chester and I are tech geniuses, she still refers to computers as devils boxes, she'll freak if she finds out what I've become." Kira said.

"Sounds about right. Also, while you're in Central City, you should swing by Mercury Labs, since my sister and her fiance have their own team like ours, only with a much more expensive clubhouse and their tech nerd Cisco Ramon would kill me if I didn't direct you to him. Especially since I know he's eying your brother for a Mercury labs internship." Wally said.

"Wait, you know Cisco Ramon?" Jesse asked.

"Yeah, why?" Wally asked.

"He's one of the geniuses my mom was trying to hire straight out of school, but Harrison Wells beat her to the punch and then by the time Star Labs went belly up, Christina McGee swooped in and took him, not to mention my dad was in charge by then." Jesse said.

"And no offense Jesse, but Cisco is not leaving Mercury Labs, since he's built a family in Central City." Wally said.

"Well, at least now, Mercury Labs and McCulloch Technologies can collaborate, since he has one of the brightest minds in this country and I'd like to work with him." Jesse said.

"True. But anyways, since you're now the CEO of McCulloch, maybe we can make our headquarters a bit more high tech, since you can afford it now." Kira said.

"Already on my todo list, but maybe it would be better if we put one of my dad's Black Hole facilities to good use as a new and improved headquarters." Jesse said.

"Weren't they all seized by the government?" Dinah asked.

"Not all of them. They're technically McCulloch Technologies properties, so while I did turn most of them over to the government, the isolated black sites I decided to keep for any experimental projects we might have, and I think that they'd all make good bases." Jesse said.

"Send me a list and I'll go check them out." Wally said.

"I already did." Jesse told her boyfriend.