Chapter 33

Impulse was currently on patrol of Keystone, since his and Dinah's lead on Vigilante had flopped, since he clearly knew they were looking for him, so he was taking extra precautions to stay off the grid and while Impulse knew it was likely futile, he was searching the city for him.

However, all thoughts of that changed when he was suddenly rammed by a fast red blur.

"What the?" Impulse asked, since he recognized that red lightning and while his first instinct was that it was Thawne, he doubted it since Thawne was Barry's headache, not his and his next one was that the Rival had come to make their Flashpoint feud a reality, but all those thoughts ended when he saw who it was.

"Miss me?" Godspeed asked, red lightning crackling all over him.

"New look." Impulse said, since Godspeed's costume was now basically inverted. The white had turned black and the gold lightning bolts were now red.

"I feel like this new look suits me better. Especially with my new speed." Godspeed said smugly as he showed off a spark of red electricity from his fingertips.

"You connected to the negative speed force. Your speed is organic now." Impulse said.

"And more powerful than yours will ever be." Godspeed said and Impulse could've sworn he was grinning underneath that twisted full face mask he was wearing.

"We'll see about that." Impulse said, though he knew now that if Hart was drawing power from the negative speed force now instead of an artificial source like he had been before, then that meant that he'd truly leveled the playing field, but just because he had the power doesn't mean he had the experience in using it.

"Not so much fun when we're evenly matched now is it?" Godspeed asked him.

"You might be a real speedster now, but let's see if you can handle it." Impulse said as he sped off through the streets of Keystone with Godspeed hot on his heels and Impulse could instantly tell that his opponent was still learning to use his new speed considering how wild and uncontrolled his now red lightning looked compared to Impulse's focused and controlled bright yellow lightning, though his lightning had never been as dark as Barry's, something that Impulse had always been curious about, but anyways, while he knew that Godspeed would be harder to defeat now, he still had an advantage. Impulse knew how to use his speed in ways that Godspeed never could, since he was remembering all the things his meditation practice had helped him unlock about his own connection to the speed force, allowing him to do things even the Flash couldn't do.

"With pleasure." Godspeed said as he sped after his enemy in hot pursuit, red lightning surging behind him as they began to fight it out.

As streaks of yellow and red lightning tore up the streets of Keystone, Impulse couldn't but be reminded of the fights he'd seen between Barry and Thawne over the years and how he was now engaged in a similar fight, but he quickly returned his focus to the fight at hand, especially since they were both tossing lightning bolts at each other, though thanks to Impulse's more in depth knowledge of the speed force, he was quickly able to take control of the battle by using his lightning in newer ways, starting with swapping regular lightning bolts out with ones in the shape of throwing stars, a little inspiration from his time with the Legends, which took Godspeed by surprise.

"That's a new trick." Godspeed said.

"You might have organic speed, but you still don't know how to use it. Not like I do." Impulse said as he proceeded to use his lightning like a lasso to lash around the nearby lamp post and used it to swing around with a powerful lightning speed kick to send Godspeed flying backwards while Impulse landed on his feet with grace.

"Good thing I've always been a fast learner." Godspeed said as he used his lightning to produce a red lightning bolt that served as a sword.

"Sara and Barry would be so jealous if they were here." Impulse said as he conjured up his own yellow lightning sword.

"Let's do this." Godspeed said as they charged at each other, though once again, Godspeed was outclassed, not just in speed, but also in skill, since just like how Oliver had insisted on training Barry in combat beyond just speed, Sara had done the same thing for him while he was with the Legends, which had included some sword training, though Godspeed did manage to get in some solid shots, though the only thing those really did damage to was Impulse's suit, which was fine, since he'd been thinking about upgrading anyways, but anyways, it was clear that despite Godspeed's improved speed, he still wasn't yet a match for archenemy.

"This isn't over Impulse. I swear, one day I will find a way to beat you and prove that I am the true god of speed." Godspeed said before he sped away.

"Damn, that man really needs a hobby or maybe a girlfriend. Or both." Impulse said before he sped back to the lab to fully examine the damage done to his suit.