CHAPTER 1

My name is Eleanor Grace, or Elena for short...but the people closest to me call me Nora.

I'm twelve...& if your wondering, yes I'm a demigod, the daughter of the Almightly Zeus to be specific.

I have ADHD & dyslexia...Oh joy! (Note the sarcasm...) like all demigods do.

I love to sing & play the guitar. I even love archery as well as sword fighting.

Don't get too excited about being a demigod though. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's cool & having powers is totally awesome, but...add a few dangerous monsters who wanna to kill you every five seconds & I'm sure your excitement would be down to zero.

I've been living at a place called, Camp Half Blood..the only safe place. Or more like the only safe place for us demigods

It was currently the last day of school more specifically my last day at the sixth school in four years (that's a story for another time..) when my best friend Grover Underwood burst into my history class out of breath.

He was panting & sweat beaded his forehead.

I had no idea what he was doing here..I mean wasn't he supposed to be watching a new demigod kid at Yancy Academy? Had something happened??

The students gave him strange looks.

One since he's a satyr, a half goat-half human. He walked with crutches as a disguise to cover his limping because he has hooves instead of feet.

But people didn't know that because of the mist, which was like a veil that stopped them from seeing things that us demigods did.

The other reason was because they never saw him at our school (&...he didn't have a bag either, which made kids realise he wasn't a newbie either).

Lucky for him the teacher was out to take care of something.

The moment his eyes caught mine in the swarm of students, he rushed over & said.

"Nora, you need to come with me right now."

I gave him a confused look because I wasn't supposed to be at camp until this afternoon. Before I could even ask him where, he dragged me by the hand right outside the class.

Once we were out in the corridor I gave him a questioning look & asked.

"Grover, something went wrong, didn't it?" He remained silent.

I could tell he was nervous because he kept wringing his hands & his chin quivered.

We have been best friends for the past four years now since he was my first friend at camp. I could read him like an open book by now.

He absolutely loves enchiladas & tin cans(since he's a vegetarian)...and he also cares a lot about nature.

When he didn't reply I asked him,

"Did something happen to the new demigod?"

"Yeah...about that..." he trailed off.

That's when I knew something was wrong. I grabbed his hand & pulled him along.

"Fine..let's go. We'll take care of.. whatever it is...just...tell me everything." I said.

"Okay...." he said.

I looked back at my school once more. Little did I know then that this would be the last time I would be seeing it.

Cause I was going to experience a journey of a lifetime....

So there you go folks. This is the first chapter. Let me know what you think & if u find any errors.

I'll be uploading more chapters soon.

Until next time...👋🏻

Vote, comment & share.
Take care my lovely readers.❤
Alice signing off.
XOXO.