CHAPTER 40

(Percy's POV)

Nora woke up with a gasp.

I was heading to the beach to clear my head early in the morning when I found her lying unconscious on the ground a little outside my cabin. So I'd brought her to my cabin & stared, I mean...watched over her since then...

I walk over to the bed she was lying on & sat on one side.

"You okay? What were you doing outside?"

Nora blinks a bit & looks around before she focuses her gaze on me.

(Ella's POV)

I'd woken up suddenly. Thoughts of the vision began flooding my mind. It couldn't have been Luke...No! That wasn't possible at all! How could he?! All this time, I couldn't believe that I was right...? No, no no...why?

I look around a bit & notice that I wasn't in my cabin. This was the Poseidon cabin...A voice asks.

"You okay? What were you doing outside?"

I look over to see Percy sitting near me...

"I'm...okay, I guess. What happened?"

"Well....I found you lying on the ground outside my cabin...I didn't want you getting eaten up by the harpies..so, I brought you here. But why were you out of your cabin?"

I remembered why I'd left the cabin...I wasn't able to sleep so I'd decided to see Percy, but before I could make it I collapsed & saw....that vision...the vision! I felt the tears almost well up in my eyes because of the vision, but I controlled myself a little.

I grab his shoulders, look him in the eye & say, "Percy, whatever happens you can't go with Luke to the forest..you can't, okay!"

"Nora? What are you talking about?"

"Just don't go with him!" I shout at him before running off to my cabin as the tears began streaming down my face. I slam the door of my cabin shut before I break down into tears...

(Percy's POV)

To say I was stunned would be an utter understatement. Nora's sudden outburst caught me off guard. What did she mean by that? Don't go to the forest...with Luke?

I wanted to go after her & ask her what she'd meant but the conch horn had sounded signalling that it was breakfast time. I got dressed & headed for breakfast.

(Ella's POV)
I hadn't left my cabin for breakfast or lunch. I didn't feel like it at all...

I kept wondering why Luke must've done what he did, I mean technically he hadn't done it yet but you know what I mean..

My eyes were red from crying & my hair looked like a bird's nest.

I finally decided on packing my stuff. I used to be a year rounder until last year, but then Chiron had contacted an orphanage that could sponsor my education & I've been going to a boarding school ever since.

Once I was done packing my stuff, I dumped the suitcase by the door. That's when I felt this sharp stabbing pain in my head. I saw someone stumble through the forest...

The forest was the same place where Luke had...oh gods!

(Percy's POV)

I woke with a drinking straw in my mouth. I was sipping something that tasted like liquid chocolate-chip cookies. Nectar. I opened my eyes. I was propped up in bed in the sickroom of the Big House, my right hand bandaged like a club. Argus stood guard in the corner. Nora sat next to me, holding my nectar glass & dabbing a washcloth on my forehead.