CHAPTER 9

(Ella's POV)

The next few days went by real quick. Each morning I would teach Percy Ancient Greek.

Though his attention was mostly focused on me instead of the Greek lessons. It ended up with me snapping my fingers in front of his face every thirty seconds.

After a couple of mornings, he could stumble through few lines of Homer without my help.

Thursday came by real quick. I was heading to teach the Apollo kids music lessons.

You might be wondering, 'Hey Apollo is the God of music, so why is a daughter of the lightning god teaching them music instead?'

Well to answer that, apparently, one day Chiron heard me singing in my cabin (weird, I know..). He said he’d never heard anyone sing so well. He asked me if I'd be willing to take over music classes & I happily agreed.

I reached the amphitheater early & saw everyone talking to their friends.

Will Solace from the Apollo cabin came over to me, "Hey, Nora!"

"Hey, Will. How's my little bro doing?" I say, pulling his cheeks but he playfully slaps my hands away.

You see, Will & I are actually the same age but he came to camp a month after I did. Ever since we started talking I've always felt connected to him just like I did with my twin, Jason so I've called him my little brother.

"I'm good, Nora."

We began talking, but my thoughts soon drifted off to Percy.

"Whoa, whom are you day dreaming about?" Will asked waving a hand in front of my face.

"No one." I said quickly. I might've blushed. Will noticed & said.

"You've got a crush! Who's the lucky guy??"

"Shh! Not so loud. I told you it's nobody."

"Ugh. Fine! Keep your secrets." I sighed.

"Look, I'll tell you when I'm ready. I promise."

"Okay, I trust you."

"Thank you." I said smiling.

Music class ended & I was free till lunch so I decided to go for a bit of sword fighting. Many kids at camp always said I was the best sword fighter they'd ever seen. But I never really believed them.

As I reached there I saw everyone in pairs. Percy was there too, paired up with Luke. I guess Luke was teaching him a few moves.

It was a while until Luke called for a break. I wanted to get revenge on Luke for what he did at the campfire that day. That's when I saw Percy head to the cooler, so I called out to him.

"Psst! Percy!" He looked spooked as if he'd heard a ghost. I giggled to myself.

"Hey! Perce, over here!" I say again, waving. He finally notices me & comes over.

"Hey, Nora. What are you doing here?"

"Okay, so I don't have a lot of time to explain. Luke can't see me here now or else my plan for revenge won't work."

"Revenge?"

"For what he did that day at the campfire. I know you're wondering why I sat with him even after what he did right?" Percy nods.

"Well I did because I saw the future & that's where you came in & asked me to walk with you." His mouth formed a silent 'oh'.

"So, what do you need me to do?"

I quickly explained the plan to Percy & he nodded quickly & then went back.

I looked into the future & saw Luke demonstrating a disarming technique, on Percy, which I'd already learned.

Then the two of them duel until one of them pulls it off. Percy was successful in the first attempt but when Luke asks him to do it a second time he fails.

I come back to reality & see Luke still demonstrating the technique on Percy. After a few minutes they begin the duel.

Percy manages to pull of the manoeuvre the first time just like I'd predicted. Luke was clearly impressed & he asked him to try it again.

I caught Percy's eye & mouthed 'get ready'. He nods. I walk towards them, whilst making myself visible only to Percy & no one else. I raised my left hand - blue wisps danced across my fingertips.

As soon as Luke lunged at Percy I shot a ball of power near Luke's feet. A long blue python came out of the ground. He flinched & tried not to scream.

This gave Percy enough time to disarm him. I laughed so hard & was glad that no one except Percy could see or hear me.

"STYX! HOLY HERMES! WHAT IN THE NAME OF HADES WAS THAT?" Luke let out in one breath.

I was down on the ground laughing by now. Percy saw me & laughed too. Everyone else was laughing along as well.

"JACKSON! WHAT WAS THAT? HOW DID YOU DO THAT?" He questions Percy.

Percy looked over at me. I gestured for him to act dumb. He smiled & nodded.

"I don't know what you mean Luke."

I winked at Percy before gesturing toward the door telling him that I was leaving.

It'd been a while since I laughed this much....

Vote, comment & share.
Take care my lovely readers.❤
Alice signing off.
XOXO.