CHAPTER 5

(Ella's POV)

I woke up to a girl with honey blond hair & stormy grey eyes looking down at me with a look of concern on her face - Annabeth.

"At this rate you're gonna get wrinkles if you keep frowning like that."

"Glad to see that your sense of humor is still intact." She said, sarcastically.

I tried to sit up quickly & instantly felt dizzy.

"Woah! Take it easy." She said helping me sit up.

"But it's good to see you, Annie." I said with a stupid grin on my face.

She just crushed me into a tight hug.

Annabeth is my second best friend, after Grover. She was the first & only person I became friends with after I'd met Grover.

They both are equally important to me & I loved them to death.

"Ow, ow. Watch the wound." I said, wincing slightly & she quickly let go.

"Don't you ever do something like that again. I was worried sick! What were you even th-"

"I'm fine Annie, relax." I said, cutting her off mid rambling.

"Bit still! Anyways...I've got training to do. Will you be okay?"

"Yeah, Of course. I'll catch up with you later."

She gave me one more hug, more gentle & careful this time, before she left.

I looked around. I was in the infirmary. My wound had been patched up but it still hurt. ALOT.

I decided to head to the big house to check on Percy & get my mind off the pain (but mostly to see Percy).

Camp half blood is a beautiful place & it felt good to finally be home.

As I reached the big house I saw Percy, he looked over & waved at me with a smile. I blushed & smiled back in return but my smile quickly faded when...

I saw the one person I had missed so much in front of me.

"Grover Underwood! Get your furry behind back here right now!" I said but he ran off before I could've said more.

I greeted Mr.D & Chiron. Chiron smiled warmly. Mr.D acknowledged me with a nod, walking off to speak to Grover.

"Nora? Would you mind preparing a bunk for Percy in cabin 11?" Chiron asked.

"Sure, Chiron." I replied with a nod.

I sat down on the chair next to Percy.

"So, how are you?" I asked him, even though it was painfully obvious that he wasn't okay. His face fell & he was silent for a whole minute.

But before he could reply I said, "I'm sorry Perce.."

He looked confused. "What for..?"

I sighed deeply & said, "It was my job to get you here safely. I had promised Grover that I would protect you & your mom. I-I failed her & you-"

I looked down feeling a hand intertwine with mine. Percy’s green eyes met my blue ones with a tender gaze.

"It's not your fault." he said gently.

"But it is. I was useless when you needed my help an-" I stopped, my voice cracking, as tears filled my eyes.

He tried to say something but I cut him off. "You know, I think it's better if you stayed away from me."