CHAPTER 19

(Ella's POV)

I was reluctant to leave Percy by himself with that weird chihuahua lady. I had a really bad feeling she wasn't who she looked like.

Anyway, as soon as we reached down, we step outside the elevator & see news reporters everywhere. Grover, Annie & I share a look.

We suddenly heard the sound of an explosion from the top of the arch. But...that's where Percy was...no...

"Percy!" I screamed as I ran towards the entrance in an attempt to go back up. There were too many people. Grover & Annie catch up to me & pull me back.

They take me away from the crowd & we waited. Then I suddenly hear Grover say.

“Percy!”

He got tackled by Grover’s famous goat hug & said, “We thought you’d gone to Hades the hard way!”

"Shut up, Grover!" I said.

Annabeth tried to look angry, but even she seemed relieved to see him.

"We can’t leave you alone for five minutes! What happened?!" I asked.

"I sort of fell." He says sheepishly.

"Percy! Six hundred & thirty feet?"

Behind us, a cop shouted, "Gangway!"

The crowd parted, & a couple of paramedics hustled out, rolling a woman on a stretcher.

She was saying, "And then this huge dog, this big fire-breathing Chihuahua-"

"Okay, ma’am," the paramedic said. "Calm down. Your family’s fine. The medication is starting to kick in."

"I'm not crazy! This boy jumps off the hole & the monster disappears." Then she saw Percy.

"There he is! That’s the boy!"

He turned quickly & pulled us after him. We disappeared into the crowd.

"What’s going on?" Annie demanded.

"Was she talking about the Chihuahua on the elevator?" I asked.

He told us the whole story of the Chimera, Echidna, his high-dive act, & an underwater lady’s message.

"Whoa," said Grover. "We’ve got to get you to Santa Monica! You can’t ignore a summons from your dad."

Before Annabeth could respond, we passed another reporter doing a news break he said.

"Percy Jackson. Yes, Dan. Channel Twelve has learned that the boy who might've caused this explosion fits the description of a young man wanted by authorities for a serious New Jersey bus accident three days ago. The boy is believed to be traveling west. For all our viewers, here's a photo of Percy Jackson."

We ducked around the news van and slipped into an alley.

"First things first," He told us. "We’ve got to get out of town!"

Somehow, we made it back to the Amtrak station without getting spotted.

We got on board the train just before it pulled out for Denver. The train trundled west as darkness fell, police lights still pulsing against the St. Louis skyline behind.

I know it's a short chapter.😬
I'll upload the next one asap tho.

Vote, comment & share.
Take care my lovely readers.❤
Alice signing off.
XOXO.