Chapter 45 ~ The Greatest Fear of All

(In the air, the Elemental Masters fly on their Dragons back to Ninjago across the Endless Sea.)

Lloyd: Chen and his Anacondrai army have a day's start on us. Be prepared for anything and everything.

Kai: How did we lose so much time? 

Dareth: (On Jay's Dragon.) You know, you took an oath never to leave a man behind. (Gestures to Jacob.) The Brown Ninja and some other dude included.

Cole: Heh, I thought he was...(Clears his throat.) Uh, good thing Zane found him in the underground tunnels. 

Jacob: (Walking through the tunnels.) Hello? Hello? It's me, Jacob, the Master of Sound. I was hauled off to feed the serpent. Well, I fed it, but it doesn't want to eat anymore. (He stops.) Hello? Anyone?

Jay: And we're not all quick learners. Looking at you Neuro. (He points at Neuro who has a fearful face as he looks down.) Heh, I'm still surprised he actually got over his fear of heights. 

Elenora: Either way, mastering our fear and power to create Elemental Dragons took time.  

Nya: (Riding with Elenora.) Well, looks like we're running out of that. There's Ninjago City. Hurry. 

Griffin: Hurry's my middle name. (He flies faster.) Hyah!

Lloyd: Remember, whatever happens down there, we're stronger united. We fight as one.

Jay: Let's do this!

(The Elemental Masters land in Ninjago City's streets to find it unusually peaceful.)

Woman: (Kai lands his Dragon, and the woman sees Skylor.) Serpentine! (Everyone in the area screams and panics as they run away.)

Skylor: (She covers her face.) I wish I still had the power to change.

Kai: You have changed. You're with us now. (He puts his hand on Skylor's arm as she smiles.) 

Old Woman: (Honks her car horn.) Could you be a dear and move your Dragon? (Kai's dragon lifts its foot.) Thank you, young man.

Elenora: (She gets off her dragon looking around the city.) Strange. It seems there is no panic in the City. 

Jay: Heh, for once. 

Garmadon: (Glances at the last running figures of the panicked people.) If we're the first ones they've seen, where's Chen and why hasn't he attacked?

Elenora: We'll have to figure that out later. 

Lloyd: Yeah. (To Skylor.) We have to get you and my father off the streets before we alarm everyone. 

Karlof: What about Karlof?

Elenora: We'll head for the Samurai X cave. The rest of the Elemental Masters will stay here and watch over the City.

(Everyone nods as Skylor notices her hand going back to normal. In a desolate building, Chen and his Anacondari Cultists are watching themselves being turned back to normal slowly.)

Chen: Why is the spell wearing off? If we attack now and turn back to normal, everything will be for nothing!

Chope: Eh, about that...uh, we read everything on page 149, but lo and behold, the spell continues onto the next page. (He flips the page as Chen grabs it.)