Chapter 55 ~ Curseworld, Part I

(We start this Chapter with the citizens of Ninjago. Who are celebrating the New Year Festival. While, in Chen's Noodle House, Ronin is sitting by himself watching TV.)

Reporter: (On TV) Season of change is almost to an end. And residents of Ninjago eagerly await to celebrate tonight's New Year Festival.

Skylor: (Walking up to Ronin with a jug.) Hard to believe you don't have any friends to usher in the New Year.

Ronin: (Chuckles.) Let's just say I'm good at making friends, just not keeping them.

Skylor: Huh. Even a friend who spoils the party every once in a while is still a better friend than someone who stays. (She looks at Ronin's Aeroblade, which he puts away.) Ah. It's okay. I've been around enough weapons in my day. In fact, kind of reminds me of some old friends.

Ronin: (He pushes his empty bowl away.) How much do I owe you?

Skylor(Smiles.) It's on the house, friend.

Ronin: Huh, appreciate it. (He looks over at the TV.) 

Reporter: (On TV) Festival celebration is going on all over Ninjago.

Ronin: Hey, mind turning that up?

Skylor: (She jumps on the counter and changes the volume.) You know that sewer swamp?

Ronin: Yeah. I used to call it home. 

Reporter: (On TV.) ...and no other town likes to celebrate more than the residents in Stiix City.

(Skylor jumps down from the counter before looking at her phone to find an unread message. Ronin watches the TV noticing something in the background as he raises an eyebrow. The scene switches to Morro who is seen now in Stiix, Realm Crystal in hand while he walks into Ronin's pawnshop.)

Morro: Now let's shed a little light... 

(Morro sets the Realm Crystal in place and opens a portal to the Cursed Realm. Suddenly, Ghost Warriors start coming out.)

Ghoultar: Ah, it good to be back!

Morro: How long until the Preeminent is ready?

Soul Archer: Her energy is still too strong to cross the Ethereal Divide. 

Bansha: The longer the gateway stays open, the stronger it becomes. We must prepare for her arrival.

Morro: Then what are we waiting for? (He smirks.) Let the festivities begin.....

(Ghost Warriors and Skreemers take over the streets as the citizens scream and run away. The scene zooms out to find a green-pale-coloured city above the Endless Sea. Meanwhile, at Steep Wisdom the Team arrive on the Bounty.) 

Kai: Shouldn't we be going to Stiix? The longer we wait, the worse it'll get.

Wu: We need to stock up.

Jay: On what? (He jumps off the Bounty.) Magic tea that will make us invincible? (Gasps.) Give us special powers? Is it gonna give us four arms? (He waves his arms.) 

Wu: Sadly, no magical tea today. (He walks towards the shop with the Team.) I had to sell the rest of the merchandise along with everything else.

(Wu gestures to the doors of the shop to find the "X" symbol on it. The Ninja gasp surprised.) 

Jay: Wait, what?!