/43/

My daughter brushed her teeth as I applied the gel to her hair pulling it into a top bun

My daughter brushed her teeth as I applied the gel to her hair pulling it into a top bun. I grabbed the brush to help add pressure collection in all the tiny strands of hair that I missed.

I smiled looking at her in the mirror as she meet my eyes. "What mommy?" She asked, stopping in her tracks.

"Nothing you know you are the most gorgeous girl I ever saw," I said smiling as I leaned down as peppered her face with kisses.

"I know you tell me that every morning, you are also the most gorgeous girl I ever saw," she replied as she give me kisses with toothpaste all over her lips.

"Eww," I jokingly said being dramatic. She jumped off the stool and into my arms, giving me more kisses on my cheeks.

"Autumn," I said tickling her as she start giggling. My baby was going to be alright no matter what. Her sounds were pure as if you were listening to an Angel.

"Finish brushing your teeth so you can take your gummies," I said guiding her down to her stool. She quickly brushes her teeth as she runs out of the bathroom.

This gives me time to wash my face all over again. After getting her dressed and feeding my baby breakfast I was off to drop her off at school.

____________________________________

•••

I had A few minutes to spare. This was great, maybe an opportunity to report the officer. Would they believe someone like me?

I try my best to suppress my memories of that night when I walk into the door and see police officers standing and talking.

I take deep breaths to not panic myself. But there it was his rough ridged hands running up my thighs and there it was the cold mental being pressed behind my head.

I quickly run out of the station and I place my hands on my knees wiping my tears away. No, I can't. I have to go back in and report or say something.

But then there it was a police officer with power, fuck that if anything they should be scared of my man. He abused his power that night he decided to touch me.

If I walk in there and they slander my character saying why didn't I scream or call for help or why I waited more than three days to say something?

I tell myself to be brave and I walk into the station again wearing my work uniform. Walking up to the front desk I greeted the old officer who had gray hair.

As soon as he looks up he remembers me, of course, he did. I had nothing but fucking craziness surrounding me.

"How can I help you, Summer?" He asked with a friendly smile. I give a warm smile as I hide my shaky hands in my pocket.

"I was wondering if there is an officer Solk working today?" I asked nervously as he raised an eyebrow with a confused expression.

"I'm sorry but we don't have an officer Solk that works in this department maybe you got the last name wrong?" He asked as I take a moment to think.