/46/

"Summer Laurent

"Summer Laurent... yeah it doesn't have a ring to it," I said on a video call with my father. He burst into laughter at my dumb attics.

I'm a regular girl . Honestly, I wanna be those cute housewives that make dinner for their family, and do dumb family photoshoots.

But unfortunately for me, River destroyed that for me, I enjoyed working because it was time I didn't have to spend with him.

On the other hand, I was a daddy girl growing up so my father never complained about paying any of my bills. My father spoiled me rotten, he still doesn't understand where he went wrong with River.

"Baba, you know grandma's birthday is coming up. I'm thinking you should come down here. It's been five years," my voice got quiet. It was a touchy topic.

When my grandma cut my father off when they didn't want anything to do with my pregnancy at first she meant it.

I always appreciated that they never took that out on Autumn, I mean I was the little girl whose father went all out for her sleepover so the next day everyone was talking about it in school.

The same little girl whose father spent thousands on his little girl that won best dressed and prom queen. The same Summer that got good grades.

I mean I would be mad if I found videos of my daughter drunk at a college party and getting picked up by groups of boys engaging in her behavior.

It didn't matter to my grandma if my father came along later on it was the fact that for four months I was alone. She felt betrayed because my grandpa died thinking he was a mam who would protect his daughter.

"Anyways, so this boyfriend of yours... he is a doctor?" My father asked with a smile on his face.

"Yes baba Dr.Laurent, he got his doctorate he's so smart, honestly I just pretend to understand him," I joked as he shook his head.

"Don't put yourself down, you're the smartest girl I know...ohh shit your mother and autumn are coming back," he panicked.

We said our goodbyes and I hung up the phone laughing. We did this all the time. We were secretly closer. I can tell him anything but my mother, on the other hand, was a different story.

She was so obviously to what happened and thought the church could fix anything. My father ended up beating River but we lost touch after that when I chose River side.

It crushed my father so I stopped telling him anything but River charmed the hell out of my mother she couldn't even see the sign.

I picked up one of my all-time favorite book 'Their Eyes Were Watching God' as I ran upstairs. Kazimir hasn't been home since I woke up. I even tried calling he hasn't picked up.

He's still learning the importance of communicating, the other day he learned sarcasm, he thinks people mean stuff literally.

I also learned when he poops like the lights are off and he removes all his clothes. He's so cute without trying.