VI. compass

CHAPTER SIXCOMPASS

CHAPTER SIX
COMPASS

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

a couple minutes passed by and jj sat beside lilith, rubbing the palm of his hand up and down her thigh soothingly. suddenly, a siren began to ring and all of the pogues shot around at the sound.

"shit, that's the police." lilith mumbled under her breath, seeing shoupe on the boat only a couple meters from them.

"guys, that's the police." jj stood up and dropped his hand from lilith's thigh. lilith shot up after him and rolled her eyes at his stupidity.

"no shit, i just said that." lilith whisper-yelled at the blonde, whispering a list of curse words under her breath at the sight of the police approaching them. "what about john b?" lilith panicked. lilith felt anxious, leaning over the boat to see if she could see her bestfriend, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"just act freaking normal." kiara whisper-yelled at the pogues, sliding her glasses down her face and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"evening officers." pope smiled welcomingly as shoupe and a police woman came to a stop infront of their boat.

"evening." shoupe greeted the pogues, handing out a rope to pope to attack the two boats together. pope handed it to jj, which the blonde began to tie the rope from the police boat onto their own. "how you kids doing? you know this marsh is closed?" shoupe asked.

"no, wow. i didn't know that?" jj looked around, pretending to be confused. jj interwined his fingers with lilith's, in an attempt of calming her down.

"no, um. why's it closed?" pope questioned the deputy.

"well, we're conducting a search out here. boat went down." shoupe told the group of teenagers, glancing around the marsh. "see anything?"  shoupe asked suspiciously.

"nope, no boats." pope shook his head, denyingly. though, pope knew that was a big lie. HMS pogue was hovering over the boat the police were searching for, and john b was inside of it.

"where's your friend you always hang with? he here?" deputy shoupe suddenly asked, catching the pogues off guard.

"john b?" lilith questioned, to which shoupe nodded his head. "yeah, he's working, officer." lilith nodded her head. deputy shoupe nodded his head, eyeing the steward girl up and down, causing jj to move closer to her out of protectiveness.

"i'm gonna check your little boat out." shoupe declared as he stepped over his boat and onto the pogues boat. the pogues welcomed him over, making sure he was careful so as not to slip on anything.