XIII. whole truth

CHAPTER THIRTEENWHOLE TRUTH

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
WHOLE TRUTH

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"this is not exactly how i pictured my night to be ending." lilith let out a small chuckle as jj grabbed her waist, hoisting her up onto the counter of her bathroom. lilith watched as jj grabbed a clean cloth from the shelf beside her head and he placed it under the sink, wetting it slightly in luke warm water.

jj shook his head in disapproval, though he couldn't help but smile as the sound of lilith's laughter. her laugh was always so contagious, her laugh was like a drug. she was his drug. "how did you expect the night to end?" jj questioned, curiously with a smile still lingering on his face. jj placed his hands on either side of lilith's legs, his eyes meeting hers.

"same as usual, blondie." lilith rolled her eyes, playfully. "i just did not think i'd end up home with a black eye from my twin sisters psychotic boyfriend." lilith told him, causing the pair to laugh together. though, lilith's laughter quickly died down and she stared into jj's eyes, softly.

jj furrowed his eyebrows in confusion towards her sudden change in attitude. "what?" jj asked, softly. their eyes continued staring into each other. like they were the only people in the world. like, there was nothing else as beautiful as each other. "what's wrong, princess?"

lilith smiled, softly. there was so much she wanted to say. in that moment, nothing mattered. not the no pogue-on-pogue macking rule. not the fact that their friendship could be ruined. not the fact that they'd been bestfriends for years. all she wanted to do was grab his face in her hands, and kiss him. she wanted to kiss him. she wanted to feel his lips on hers. she wanted to taste his lips. she wanted him.

everything about jj maybank to lilith-rose steward was perfect. she'd always adored him. from the moment that they'd met. she knew that he was made for her. once you meet your person, you feel at home. with jj maybank, lilith-rose steward felt at home. he was her home. he was everything to her.

"thank you." lilith stated, calmly. lilith released a small breath, knowing that she couldn't say what she truly wanted to say. that she wanted to be with him. jj raised his eyebrows in confusion. "thank you for protecting me. you've always taken care of me, jj." lilith tilted her head to the side. lilith raised her hand, using her fingers to softly brush through jj's blonde locks.

jj stood still, taking in lilith's beauty. he admired her. his eyes scanning her features. she looked so beautiful, even with a black eye and dried blood covering her face. she always looked so beautiful. bruised or not. in jj's opinion, she was the most beautiful girl in the world. most beautiful girl in the universe.

"i could've killed him." jj shook his head, momentarily closing his eyes. "i could've fucking killed him, princess." jj stated, his voice rough and deep. lilith sucked in a breath, lowering her head, slightly. "i couldn't stand to see him hurt you like that. i can't stand to see anyone hurt you like that. i- i love you, lilith, more than anything in the world."