XX. you can't hide

CHAPTER TWENTYYOU CAN'T HIDE

CHAPTER TWENTY
YOU CAN'T HIDE

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"wake up, princess." a deep, soft voice whispered into lilith's ear. the blonde girl immediately turned over, lying on her stomach with her face in the pillow. she let out a small groan, not wanting to get up from her peaceful sleep. "come on, we got some gold to melt." he stated, throwing himself down beside the girl, his arm wrapping around her waist and pulling her into him.

"can i have five more minutes, please?" lilith begged, opening her eyes to look into the blonde boy's eyes. "i didn't sleep well at all last night, not after almost being killed by a blind eighty year old woman in a night gown." lilith grumbled, pushing herself to sit up on her knees, jj's arms falling from her tanned skin. jj placed his hand behind his head, his eyes piercing into lilith's.

lilith ignored the fact that he was shirtless, continuing to gaze into his ocean eyes. "i know. but we got things to do. we gotta melt the gold then go to the pawn shop. then you know what comes next..." jj trailed off, a smirk growing on his face.

jj sat up and moved to lean towards lilith, coming face to face with the blonde girl. lilith let out a small chuckle, shining her perfect, white teeth at the boy only inches away from her. she playfully rolled her eyes before leaning closer to him. "we get filthy rich, baby." lilith stated, her voice becoming soft and warm. jj stared into her eyes, refusing to even blink as he admired the beauty behind the colour. "but before we get rich, i need a cereal bar." lilith shot up from the bed and opened the door, leaving the maybank boy alone in his bed to his own thoughts.

"ah, look who has finally arisen. sleeping beauty. jj keep you up all night, or what?" john b questioned sarcastically, a smirk stretching across his face at his own comment.

"haha, very funny." lilith mocked him, making her way to the kitchen cupboards to find the cereal bars she'd bought for when she stayed at the château. "i was up all night because any one of us could've been shot last night. in fact, there's been multiple times we've nearly died recently. we should start being more careful, the gold isn't worth any one of your lives. the gold isn't worth it if the pogues aren't together."

john b nodded his head in agreement, taking in the blonde girls words. "well spoken, commander. now, time for gold, lily steward?"

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"kie, this better work. we can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it." jj dropped the several gold plates down on the ground of the twinkie, interrupting the conversation between the three girls.

kiara lifted the fire torch in her hand and looked at the blonde pogue with a small smirk. lilith watched the dark-haired girl with a cheeky smile stretching across her face. "trust me, it's going to work." kiara stated, nodding her head at the blonde boy. sarah and lilith both let out a little laugh at the pair before climbing out of the twinkie.