VIII. redfield

CHAPTER EIGHTREDFIELD

CHAPTER EIGHT
REDFIELD

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

after the pogues near-death experience, john b dropped lilith to the mansion. trevor was gone by time she was home, much to lilith's pleasure.

once lilith got in the door, raven appeared from the kitchen doorframe, welcoming her sister home. "hey." raven smiled. lilith faked a smile, trying to rush up the stairs. "hey, hey." ravens face dropped and lilith stopped in her steps.

raven made her way to the bottom of the stairs, looking up at her sister worriedly. "what?" lilith's voice croaked out and she crossed her arms over her chest.

raven paused, she could tell when there was something wrong with her sister. twin instinct, as they used to say. "you okay?" raven asked her sister, her voice quiet. raven knew lilith wouldn't tell her, but it was worth the try, and she was worried for her.

"i'm fine..." lilith trailed off and raven raised an eyebrow, knowing that she was lying. "promise." lilith nodded with a fake smile, raven nodded. lilith continued her way up to her bedroom and raven watched her from the bottom.

raven let out a quiet sigh, watching her sister disappear behind her bedroom door. she could hear lilith twist the lock of the door. raven looked down at the ground, feeling guilty.

lilith still loved raven, and raven knew that. but she couldn't help but feel like she threw away their whole relationship when she got with rafe. she regretted it more than anything, but it was too late. and she hoped one day, lilith would forgive her.

lilith leaned her back against her bedroom door and closed her eyes tightly. slowly, she slid down the door, letting out quiet sobs. she brought her legs up to her chest, hugging them as she continued to cry uncontrollably.

the pogues had went to the lighthouse to find out more about the compass and the royal merchant, lilith was planning on ignoring trevor and going, but she couldn't bring herself to do it after the men had invaded the château.

jj had promised lilith that immediately after they were finished, he would be by her side. lilith prayed that they wouldn't be long as jj was the only person that could make lilith feel at home when things got tough. no matter what was going on, jj would be by lilith's side.

same went for jj, lilith would always be by his side. though, jj usually didn't talk about his life, lilith could understand why, but she always made sure that he was okay, even if he didn't want to talk about it.

hours passed, hours that lilith had spelt sleeping. she'd left the window open that jj usually climbed through so that when he arrived she wouldn't have to get up.

lilith heard a noise from behind her, and she slowly turned around in her bed. immediately she recognised it to be jj climbing through the window, it was getting dark but lilith could see his blonde hair from her bed. jj closed the window behind him and turned around to face lilith who stared over at him.