XV. get help

CHAPTER FIFTEENGET HELP

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
GET HELP

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"hey guys, so like my dads already gonna kill me." pope panicked as he sat down beside jj who held his arm over lilith's shoulder. although lilith hadn't told him something happened, he knew something was up by the way she was acting, and how she was staring into the distance and blocking out everyone's voices.

john b shot his fingers towards jj and the blonde boy lifted his head up from resting on lilith's head. "night as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed." jj shrugged his shoulders, causing everyone to furrow their eyebrows in confusion at his statement.

"you ready for this?" john b asked, his eyes shooting from each member of the group. as he looked at kiara, she was quick to agree, and lilith hummed in agreement whilst staring at the blazing hot fire before them. "so, the gold never went down with the royal merchant."

"oh, my god. here we go again with this." pope grumbled, throwing his head back. after jj was arrested, lilith wasn't sure if she wanted to be involved in their treasure hunt anymore. though, if they ever did find the gold, it would make life a whole lot easier for whenever lilith and raven turn 18, it would mean that they could leave and never have to see trevor ever again.

"no, alright. wait. hear him out, okay?" jj shook his head at pope before turning back to john b who held his finger over his lips.

"it's been here the whole time." john b continued, his voice was quiet, though still loud enough for his friends to hear. lilith let his words sink in, wondering what he could possibly mean. "it's on the island." he finished, his lips forming into a smile.

"wha- are you serious?" kiara asked from beside john b, her eyebrows furrowing in concern. as much as she wanted to believe it, she wasn't sure if she could. but she wanted to have faith, especially for her friends who needed the money far more than she did. john b nodded his head. "oh, my god." kiara spoke through shocked laughter.

"i'd like to voice my skepticism." pope pushed his head together, resting them on his knees.

"i'm sure you would pope... but can i please present you with my evidence, sir?" john b asked, he rose from his seat on the wooden log and stood where the rest of his friends could see him clearly.

"proceed." pope shrugged his shoulders with widened eyes. his voice was laced with uncertainty, to which lilith reached over jj to place her hand on pope's leg. pope placed his hand over lilith's, shooting her a quick, reassuring smile. however, lilith didn't notice as she continued to stare into a void.

"all right!" john b continued, enthusiastically and he took his backpack off. "so, in my backpack i have a letter from denmark tanny." john b announced, taking an ancient-looking repiece of paper out of his bag.