VII. rooster

CHAPTER SEVENROOSTER

CHAPTER SEVEN
ROOSTER

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"i'm just saying, i don't understand why you don't at least try with kiara." jj shrugged his shoulders, glancing over to john b who drove the van. "she clearly likes you, right lils?" lilith shrugged her shoulders. "she's like ohh, john b." jj mimicked a woman's voice and threw his head back.

"is that what she does?" john b asked sarcastically and looked over at his bestfriend, trying not to laugh.

"she's sketching about you diving, then she kissed you, bro! jj exclaimed, referring to the previous day where john b had used the cameron's scuba gear and kiara kissed john b on the cheek before he jumped.

"she kissed me on the cheek." john b corrected, furrowing his eyebrows at the blonde next to him. "it's not like we we're making out."

"yeah, you wish." lilith mumbled under her breath, though john b still heard it and glared at her in the mirror. lilith held her hands up in defence, "didn't say anything. it was all jj."

"low-hanging fruit, bro. don't pretend you don't notice." jj put his feet up and shook his head at the brunette. "i see it in your eyes." jj gestured to his own eyes. "you're like 'i kinda like that' and you start blushing and shit." jj claimed and lilith let out a small giggle at the comment.

"i blush?" john b questioned, ignoring the blondes eye contact and keeping his eyes on the road ahead of them.

"yeah, i've noticed that too." lilith poked her head in between the two boys, smiling as she went along with what jj was saying. something pair was done, go along with whatever the other is saying even if it isn't true.

jj lifted the compass off the dashboard and john b shot his arm out angrily. "hey, don't!" john b yelled as he tried getting it from jj.

"i was just looking at it." jj calmed john b and held it infront of his eyes so that he could examine it with his own. jj twisted it in his hand. "i gotta admit, your fathers compass in scooter's boat. that's freaky." jj admitted to his bestfriend.

"yeah, i know. that's why we're going to talk to ms. lana. we'll this whole thing out." john b explained to the blonde beside him.

"i'm sure she would just love to talk to us. it's not like her husband just drowned or anything." lilith murmured from the back, leaning against the seat and turned to look outside the window.

the van eventually pulled up to lana's house after a short ride from the château. john b turned the car off and song playing on the radio cut off. lilith jumped up from her seat and climbed out of the car with a small sigh. lilith slid the door closed behind her, listening to the birds calling through the trees.

"know what this house looks like?" john b questioned, following after the two blondes who made their way towards lana's house. "whoever lives here smokes too much weed." john b finished.