XII. revenge

CHAPTER TWELVEREVENGE

CHAPTER TWELVE
REVENGE

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"and you didn't fucking tell me?" lilith's voice called out, angrily from inside of the boat. "what the fuck, guys!" she yelled, walking out to look at the rest of her friends with a disapproving look. "you're telling me rafe and topper beat the shit out of pope yesterday and everyone decided to keep it a secret from me? i'm gonna fucking kill them!"

"this is exactly why we didn't tell you." jj muttered underneath his breath, biting down on his lip. lilith reached backwards, hitting her hand across the back of his head. "ow!" jj shrieked, jumping slightly.

"can we please talk about it later, lilith?" pope asked, his voice calm as he faced her with a sweet smile. "i promise you that i'm perfectly fine. i'm alive, don't worry."

liltih rolled her eyes before turning on her heel and making her way back to jj's side. she stood with her hand leaning against the back of his chair as there only was one and he needed it for steering the boat. "jj, lilith!" john b called out to the pair inside. "we good to go?" he asked, curiously.

"yes, john b. x marks the spot." jj answered quickly, turning the wheel to stop at their current location. lilith raised her head, looking out of the window before them. a storm was coming their way, which was obvious due to the heavy winds and rapid waves hitting against the boat, swaying it to the sides slightly.

"here we go, ladies and gentlemen." john b stated with a confident smile stretching across his features. lilith let out a small chuckle, shaking her head. that was until she remembered that she was angry at her friends. "to going full kook!" john b yelled, shooting his hand in the air.

a tense silence filled the boat as everyone was busy doing their own things. and as the waves began to grow more dangerous, the boat began to sway more, causing lilith to stumble every couple minutes. john b and pope sat infront of the screen, watching the drone sink further down the ocean. kiara was assigned to the task of lowering the line of the drone deeper into the water. meanwhile, jj manned the engine, meanwhile lilith stood and listened for instructions.

"jj, twenty seconds, mid-speed, south!" john b's voice called out. lilith repeated the command to jj whom nodded his head before adjusting the boat's course. despite the heavy winds and crazy waves growing scarier by each second, jj managed to control the boat just fine. his muscles flexed against his t-shirt, which didn't go unnoticed by lilith who couldn't help but watch. "easy, jj. watch your speed, slower." john b called out another instruction which lilith repeated once again.

jj nodded his head in understanding again, holding himself back from looking lilith in the eyes as her face grew closer to his. jj followed the instructions, however the waves were picking up violently with each second passing by.