V. nothing to lose

CHAPTER FIVENOTHING TO LOSE

CHAPTER FIVE
NOTHING TO LOSE

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

the night was quiet, rain pouring heavily down out of the sky. the house of mary and william jones was filled with childish giggles and footsteps. raven chased after lilith with a wide grin plastered across her face, laughter falling from her lips. lilith looked over her shoulder, gazing back at her twin sister who'd been chasing her for the last 20 minutes.

it was safe to say that lilith was the much faster sister. lilith loved running, her mother signed her up for cross country when she was ten and she'd been in love with it ever since. she'd only been doing it for two years but ever since she could walk, she loved running.

lilith let out a loud grunt, unexpectedly running into the sofa and crashing on top of it as she was too busy looking back at raven to notice. raven slapped lilith across the head with a proud giggle.

"i win." raven smirked and stood with her hands on her hips in confidence. lilith shot up looking unimpressed with her sister, ready to go for a round 2 to prove that she would have won if it weren't for the sofa.

"no, you didn't! i was distracted." lilith stood up in a huff, thinking about how unfair the game ended.

"well-" raven began but quickly cut herself off, hearing the doorbell ring. lilith and raven both looked at each other confused. they were the only ones home and their parents always told them never to answer the door when they are not there. "it's 10 o'clock. who the hell..." raven trailed off.

lilith moved around the sofa and crouched down at the window, making sure that she could not be seen from outside the window. raven followed and ducked down beside her twin sister. the two girls faces dropped.

"police...?" concern crossed lilith's face and she felt panic wash over. lilith shot up and marched towards the door. she kept her breathing steady, though inside she was panicking. she didn't want to worry her sister like she was.

"what's going on?" raven chased behind lilith and the two girls strode down the hallway towards the front door. lilith shrugged her shoulders, shooting raven a scared look.

lilith placed her hand on the door handle, looking back at raven who nodded her head. lilith slowly pulled open the door, revealing two police officers standing on the front porch, rain pouring down on them. the police officers took off their hats and looked down sympathetically at the young sisters.

"raven-mae steward. lilith-rose steward." one of the policemen spoke, holding his hat infront of his chest. lilith and raven both nodded at their names. "unfortunately..." the policeman looked at the other one, dreading to tell the children the information. "unfortunately, your parents got into an accident."