XXII. call me rose

CHAPTER TWENTY TWOCALL ME ROSE

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CALL ME ROSE

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"what are you guys doing here?" lilith asked, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion as she approached kiara and pope who stood awfully close to each other outside of the château at the car. kiara and pope immediately shot in her direction, both as confused as her. "did jj text you too?" she spoke again, only creating more confusion.

however, before kiara and pope could answer, they were quickly surprised by lights shooting on around them. lilith looked around, her face dropping as she watched all of the lights shine around them. lilith lowered her head, her eyes meeting kiara's with worry. "what the hell?" pope gazed at the lights in confusion, the sound of electricity wiring filling their ears.

the three fell into silence for a small moment, each stuck in their own confusion. lilith's mouth dropped open slightly. if jj had texted her to come to the château, it had to b the blonde maybank boy. "who the hell is that?" kiara asked herself, raising her eyebrows. lilith was quick to shoot around the car and make her way around the house. kiara quickly followed after her, and after a couple seconds of processing, pope did the same.

as lilith turned the corner of the château, her eyes widened as her eyes landed upon the blonde boy. in a hot tub. lilith took a couple slow steps closer before stopping in her tracks to scan the area filled with lights of all colours. jj lifted a champagne bottle, filling the quiet air with the sound of a cork popping. kiara and pope turned the corner, quickly joining by lilith's sides, their mouths dropping in shock.

"what did you do, jj?" pope questioned the shirtless boy in the hot tub. he was the first to speak out of the group. his voice was quiet, yet harsh as his eyes still searched his surroundings. he couldn't believe what was before his own eyes.

"i got a jet going straight in my butt right now." jj let out a small chuckle, shaking his head as he stretched his arms out. one hand on one side of the hot tub and the other holding onto the bottle of champagne. lilith's face fell, he was drunk. and she could only imagine how much all of this had cost. all of the money he'd taken, he'd used it. "y'all should get in immediately, you hear me?" he questioned before pouring two glasses of the champagne, very messily and lifted the glasses in one hand, the champagne in the other. "salud!" he yelled before taking a chug out of the large bottle. "c'mon, lily, i got a glass for you."

lilith's heart sank at the sound of his voice. behind the smile on his face and the happy aura he tried to show off, he sounded as if he were about to break into a million pieces. "how much did this cost?" pope asked, trying to remain calm.

"uh..." jj stammered off, his glasses falling down slightly as he looked at the water. he lifted a finger, pointing towards the machine operating it all. "well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery..." he chuckled, pausing for a moment to think. "pretty much all of it, yeah."