XVII. forgive me

TW: abuse, strong language

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
FORGIVE ME

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"no effing way! you brought her here?" kiara snapped, spinning around on the porch to face sarah cameron who sat beside john b on the bench. lilith lowered her head, playing with the bracelet wrapped around her wrist. "so what? she's in on this now?" kiara questioned, angrily.

john b opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it again and turned to lilith, pope and jj who sat on the opposite side of the porch. lilith wanted to laugh at how confused he looked, but instead she stayed silent. the only sound that could be heard was jj opening up a bag of popcorn and handing it to lilith who took it gratefully, having not eaten yet. "i dunno!" pope shrieked, nervously as the spotlight landed on him.

"look, all i care about is her cut comes out of your share." jj answered honestly, shrugging his shoulders. lilith wanted to agree with the statement, however she once again decided to stay silent. she knew when and when not to intervene in an argument. and plus this was between her three best friends and she didn't want to lose any of them.

"you know, i don't remember taking a vote!" kiara quickly stopped jj from saying anything more and her head snapped back to john b in an instant. "this is our thing." kiara pointed between the pogues. "a pogue thing."

"i gotta say, i'm a tad uncomfortable with all of this." pope told them, his voice slow and calm. lilith scratched the back of her head, awkwardly. she didn't have much of an opinion, only the fact that the girls were both being petty towards each other, and they always had been.

"thank you!" kiara shot her hand out to pope, making him jump slightly on the side of the couch. liltih let out a small snicker underneath her breath, making sure nobody could hear her.

"when are you not uncomfortable, pope?" john b asked, scrunching his face up in confusion.

"well, i don't know! i rode here on the back of jj's bike pretty comfortably." pope defended himself, his voice rising as he was put on the spot, once again by his friends.

"it's true. most relaxed i've ever seen him." jj stated, his voice low and quiet as he nodded his head in agreement.

john b shook his head and turned to face the water in the distance of the château "that's cute, guys." he bit down on his lip, feeling like he wasn't backed up by his own friends.

"you know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her here." kiara shrugged her shoulders and tilted her head to the side with a forced smile stretching across her lips.