Chapter 33: Assunta vs Y/n

Third Person POV:

Y/n had beaten his last opponent a day ago, which was Melissa the girl whom veteran Gary. currently he was watching the battle between Assunta and Ritchie noting each other their Pokémon's strength's and weaknesses. Mostly Assunta as it was clear she was going to win, she had an interesting line up of Pokémon he'll admit that but that's about it, no technique or strategy. He left the stadium and went to the local restaurant "Hey, the usual" "very well kid. What do you think of the battle?" "What did I say about taking to me?" "Still not the chit chat type ay?" The chief said as she brought y/n his waffles and (beverage) as he began eating
The waffles as he looked towards the big tv on the Conner the girl working in front of him leaning on the wall and watching it as well, seeing Ritchie officially lose the battle and Assunta win "guess you have your new opponent hey kid?" "If the system pairs us together than sure" he said swallowing a piece of the waffles and drinking his drink. "Also you don't look that older than me, so stop calling me kid, kid" he said making the worker girl giggle. He continued to eat the waffles and give short answers to the girls questions. He then went home to get some rest after finding out his opponent was Assunta.

-TimeSkip-

Y/n was in his waiting room reanalyzing his tactics in order to beat Assunta (a,sUn,ta) she had a Rhydon, Venomoth, Tentacool, Ivysaur, Haunter, and lickatung. He currently has Venusaur, Snorlax, Aracanine, Alakazam, Aerodactyl, and Gyarados. The rest of his Pokémon besides dodrio were in his back pocket, but he couldn't use them due to the league only allowing six Pokémon. He decided he'll only need three Pokémon, Venusaur for Rhydon and Tentacool, Arcanine for Venomoth and ivysaur, and Alakazam for Haunter and lickatung. This would surely allow him to win and fight for number 1... then he'll go for HIM. The door to his room opened "can't you read the sign!" He said turning to face... ash and his friends along with Ritchie despite this he continued "KNOCK ON THE DOOR" he raised his voice making everyone sweat drop "But we did" Brock said as y/n blinked "oh, guess I was too deep in thought" he said sitting down and slumping on the chair "anyways why're you guys here?"

"We came to wish you luck" "well thanks but what I really need is peace and quiet so if you could leave" he said closing his eyes making his intentions clear as he listened to them walk away "Ash" ash stopped walking and looked at y/n with curiosity "Know this, I will never fight you again if you don't get better. That's all" he said using his powers to slam the door shut now just awaiting for the announcement. "The match will begin in 2 minutes, trainers get ready!" "About time" he said teleporting to the hallway that led to the battlefield looking at the loud riled up crowd.

Two minutes passed and both trainers walked up as the crowd were split in half cheering for either y/n or assunta "The second Semifinals is about to begin! On the green side we have assunta! And on the red side we have the man who's only used TWO Pokémon this whole league, Y/N!!" The announcer yelled the crowd cheering louder as both trainers threw in their Pokémon, Assunta throwing in Rhydon and y/n with venusaur "LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!" "Rhydon use skull bash!" "Poison Powder" venusaur was hit with the skull bash as venusaur used magical leaf to attack back and infect it with the poison powder, then using giga drain to regain its health from the skull bash "Horn Drill!" Rhydon jumped into venusaur and drilled into it as they fell onto the ground "Solar beam" venusaur charged up its beam as Rhydon grabbed onto venusaur "Seismic toss!" Assunta yelled as they were now in the air venusaur fully charged up its beam and managed to use its vines to turn its body to face Rhydon and unleash the solar beam blasting it on its face and blasting them into the ground faster as they were Smashed into the rocky ground. Both got up with trembling legs "Horn Drill!" "Giga Drain!" The poison powder still being somewhat affective on Rhydon fell to its knee and then both knees after venusaur used giga drain "Now Magical Leaf" that leaf won the battle as Rhydon fainted and returned to its ball "Winner, Venusaur!" Y/n's fans yelled out his name "Y-N!! Y-N!!" They said as assunta threw out Haunter "and assunta goes with Haunter! We've seen y/n battle enough to know he won't swap out his-" "Venusaur return"

He said silencing everyone before the announcer yelled out "I CANT BELIEVE IT!! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE LEAUGE Y/N IS SWAPPING OUT HIS POKÉMON!!!" "What's going on? Why's he change?" "Isn't It obvious ash?" Brock said as ash Misty and Ritchie looked at Brock "Venusaur is weakened" "but that's never stopped him before" "Yeah, however this is the Pokémon league he's taking this seriously. Not just that but this is y/n we're talking about, I'm willing to bet he's planned out how to beat assunta"

Y/n took out a pokeball and threw out Alakazam as assunta sweat dropped, y/n clearly wasn't all bark no bite. The battle started "Psychic" picking up Haunter and slamming it onto the ground, Haunter got up as assunta smirked "Destiny Bond!" She said as y/n raised his eyes "SHIT! I forgot about it that!" Now he's in a predicament, is what assunta thought but y/n could care less he was just annoyed that he'd forgot about that. "Shadow ball!" "Confuse Ray!" The ray and ball Connected and caused a small smokescreen as Alakazam teleported infront of Haunter and punched it "ThunderPunch" he said now shocking the ghost type onto the ground "Hypnosis!" Alakazam was put to sleep as it followed up with a destiny bond as y/n raised his eyebrows "..haha.. Gotcha" he said as Alakazam was awoken with a night shade and stumbled back "Confuse Ray!" "Shadow Ball! The attack landed and luckily it destroyed the confuse Ray as Alakazam used psychic again to slam it on the ground and brought it closer "HYPNOSIS!" Haunter was released from the psychic grasp as y/n smirked "Destiny- AH!" Alakazam was awake! But y/n was asleep. Alakazam used psychic to repeatedly slam it onto the ground then ended it with a thunder punch as the crowd cheered for
y/n and Alakazam slapped y/n awake

"What just happened?!" "Who knows" "you don't even know Brock?" Ritchie said staring at the battle with a shocked face along with the trio. "I can't believe it! What trick did y/n use in order to stop that hypnosis from hitting Alakazam?!!" Assunta returned Haunter and thanked it for its efforts as she sent out Tentacool and y/n returned his Alakazam and threw out venusaur "Y/n for the SECOND time swaps out his Pokémon and brings back his venusaur!!" Assunta smirked, his venusaur was damaged greatly and this was her chance to take it out "Screech!" She lowered its defense, she then sent an acid below venusaur trapping it "Now Bubble!" "Solar beam" he said blasting Tentacool away a knocked it out immediately shocking everyone "HEY!" He yelled assunta looked at him "I thought you were better than this!" Just because venusaur is tired doesn't mean it's entirely useless!! You fell for the oldest and basic trick in the book! WAKE UP! YOUR IN THE SEMIFINALS OF THE KANTO LEAUGE!!" He yelled annoyed that the tactic actually worked to the shock of many "Winner! Venusaur!!"

Assunta returned her Tentacool and nodded at y/n his message getting across as he returned venusaur, it was two seconds away from fainting. He then threw in Arcanine as she threw in ivysaur "FlameThrower!" He yelled And Ivysaur dodged and tackled Arcanine.

-The End-