The Wedding

CHAPTER THREE

The Wedding

*SPICY WARNING*

Sansa did not hold back on me this morning. Since the moment I woke up not once did her mouth stop moving. On and on she went about how once my wedding was over that it would leave all the room in the world to plan her wedding with Joffrey. As annoyed as I wanted to be about hearing the same thing over and over, it took my mind off how nervous I had been.

My hair was being yanked and pulled into hundreds of different directions, my neck ached and was sore from all the pulling and tension. My shoulders felt as though they were carrying the weight of the world.

Voices were surrounding me as maids came in and out to prepare me for the day. Sansa grabbed my hand to look at my hand once more and point out that so soon there would be a beautiful ring on my finger that would forever signify the love between Robb and myself. I looked down at my hand myself and exhaled loudly and then turned to look out the balcony in my room.

"I wish I had a balcony in my room." Sansa complained.

"You can have my room tomorrow." I shrugged. "I'll be in Robb's chambers with him tonight."

Sansa jumped with glee and then ran to the balcony and took in the view. "It will only be for a few weeks until Father takes Arya and I to King's Landing. Isn't that exciting? I get to see where you used to live! I may even ask the Queen for your old room!"

"It's Myrcella's room now." I breathed and she could see that something had been bothering me. It only took all morning for her to see it.

"What's wrong?" Sansa asked. "You should be thrilled! You're marrying Robb!"

I nodded. "Of course I'm thrilled to be marrying Robb but it's just- it's stupid. Never mind."

"Tell me." She sat beside me on the bed as the maid finished off my hair and began to straighten out my gown to prepare for me to wear it. "Alana you can tell me anything, please don't shy away from me now."

I chewed the inside of my cheek for a moment and then turned my head to look at her. She gleamed when she finally had a good look at me with my hair done and my lashes lengthened. They even stained my lips to be a bit pinker and blushed my cheeks too.

"This isn't how Robb and I wanted our wedding day to go." I muttered softly. "We wanted to do something small. With just the family. That's it. We didn't want the entire North invited and we for sure did not want my father here."

"It doesn't matter how you marry it's the point of getting married. Either way you'll be a Stark tonight and will be Robb's wife." Sansa held onto my hand and smiled at me. "And then I can marry Joffrey and be his Princess and be a Baratheon! We'll be switching names Alana! You a Stark and I a Baratheon!"

And there it was.

I knew it wouldn't last long before Joffrey being brought up again. My stomach ached at the sound of his name. But was relieved to hear that I'd no longer carry the Baratheon name. Sansa was right. I was to be a Stark.

Alana Stark... I already loved the sound of it.

A knock was at the door and it was my mother, Cersei with my sister Myrcella following behind her. Sansa stood from the bed and excused herself so that I'd have a moment alone with my sister and mother. Cersei dismissed the maid who had been waiting to get me into my gown.

Cersei picked up the gown and examined it closely.

"Beautiful stitching. Who's the dressmaker here?" She asked in a voice that didn't sound as though she cared. But then looked at the train and noticed the beautiful wolf that Louise had embroidered, just as she said she would. It looked better than I could have imagined.