Part 1

Life was a bit bad and good for the gargoyles of Manhattan, New York as of late. Despite threats from many kinds of enemies, it didn't matter to them that they would always continue to be guardians of their city. But beyond battles on the streets, there was still life in their ancient castle home too. Just like ordinary citizens, they too had a life at home with family and friends too.

Goliath was the leader of the clan. The biggest of the bunch with lavender skin and auburn hair. He had deep compassion for humans that it was hard to understand sometimes why when the humans were so against his clan just because of their looks and actions to defend the city. He also had a special and deep relationship with Elisa Maza, a policewoman detective. She helped even him out in times of doubt.

Angela was Goliath's daughter, also lavender and auburn hair in color, but looked more like her mother, Demona, Goliath's ex-mate. Angela had been raised on Avalon along with her thirty-five other rookery kin by Princess Katherine, Guardian Tom, and the late Magus. Angela had deep caring for humans too. She strongly didn't understand why the humans hated them since she had been raised by humans.

Hudson was the clan's elder and former leader of the clan. He was often Goliath's advisor when the leader had problems with leading. He had much wisdom. He was like a grandfather to the young ones as well as a father. Unknown to them, he was also Broadway's birth father. He had lost his mate long ago in a battle and had remained single ever since. He was most likely to be found in front of the tv nowadays, having a retired life, but still went out to fight with the clan when he was needed. He was closest to the clan's pet, gar dog, Bronx.

Brooklyn was the clan's Second in Command. He was the leader of the three youngest males that had been the Trio at one point. He was red in color with red and black wings and a white mane of hair. He also had a beak and horns. He had the most exotic face of all of his clan. He liked motorcycles, was a hopeless romantic, longing for a mate of his own, loved music, and could be a hothead sometimes, especially when it came to Demona for having tricked him a few years ago. But he was also calm and caring too.

Lexington was the clan's smallest one and the smartest. He was an olive-green in color with webbed wings along his arms, sides, and legs. He glided differently than the others. He loved technology and the baby boy that lived in the castle named Alex Xanatos, who was the son of their benefactor, David Xanatos and his wife, Fox, or Janine.

There was also a butler man named Owen Burnett, who was David's assistant oftentimes, and babysitter to Alexander. Owen had a secret identity called Puck, a magical fay. He was Alex's teacher of the magical arts. Alex was part fay himself through his mom, Fox, and grandmother, Titania.

Broadway was the clan's cook and beloved chosen mate of Angela. He was the biggest and strongest of the Trio. He was turquoise in color. He also liked to hang out with Elisa as he had once accidentally shot her. He always wanted to know she was safe. He would also play police detective too. He was also Hudson's son biologically.

Bronx was the clan's pet and guard dog. He was a different type of gargate. The only one that acted like a dog and didn't have wings. He had a good sense of smell. He was very loyal to the clan and closest to Hudson.

The six males, Demona, and original thirty-six eggs had been the only survivors of their destroyed clan over ten centuries ago. Three of Goliath and Demona's generation had also been brought back to life in robot/cyborg bodies by Demona and David with a mix of science and sorcery. Two that were mates and an evil brother. Back in 994, A.D., the castle residents had been betrayed by the Captain of the Guard and Demona to the Vikings that had smashed the others in their stone sleep state.

Gargoyles turned to a stone substance in the daytime. It made them vulnerable to attack. But it had good advantages too. They absorbed solar energy to be strong and refreshed every night when they broke free from it. It also healed wounds and bruises sustained the night before. Even if a gargoyle was tranquilized, it also made the effects wear off faster sooner too. Broken bones might take a few days longer to heal if set properly.