Part 10

When they woke up next, Angela and Brooklyn put their clothes back on. What were they going to do tonight?

They parted for a little ways but kept sight of one another. They even glided around to just try to look around for a way out. There had to be some weakness in the walls. Of course, they also both hoped that the water had shorted out the collars' control over them too.

Brooklyn then spotted the air hole in the ceiling. That looked like a good spot to try. "Angela, over here!" He began flying toward it. He wasn't taking any chances. He was desperate to break out of here. Angela was too. She followed him up there.

When Theo was seeing the gargoyles heading for that air hole in the ceiling, he pressed the button again. But this time, nothing happened. The water had ruined the collars' electricity!

The couple got to the ceiling and plunged their talons into the ceiling for grip and both grabbed onto the bars. "Pull now! Give it everything you've got!" Brooklyn ordered. Angela nodded and with their eyes glowing from the adrenaline, they both pulled as hard as they could.

The grate in the ceiling began to move. They got the grate out and threw it to the floor below. The hole wasn't yet big enough and they began to claw their way out.

"Get in there, guards! NOW! Stop them!" Theo yelled angrily. Why didn't he think to waterproof those collars?! He would put new ones on the gargoyles once they were once again restrained.

Because of her pregnancy though, Theo would only see fit to make Angela obey by punishing Brooklyn. He didn't want to risk Angela losing the embryo.

Brook and Angela managed to clear a hole big enough to get out. They panted at their work. Then, the door below opened up and guards rushed into the room and began firing stun shots at them.

"Ah! We have to leave now!" Angela shouted.

"Yeah. You go first." Brook agreed.

Angela agreed. She had to protect their child. Well, it was apparent that they were getting a reprieve after all. From that, the water must have worked. They would have been shocked if it hadn't.

Brooklyn quickly followed Angela out the hole. They spread their wings and jumped off the dome. The hole was above ground compared to the rest of the lab.

"Now that we're free, we have to find somewhere to land and get these wretched collars off of us." Brook declared.

"I agree. I hate this thing!" She snarled.

The humans weren't giving up the chase by a long shot. Many guards ran to the trucks and went out the garages to start going after their prizes. They took off at high speeds.

The two gargoyles were headed back to the city. They didn't know where they were but then they heard the sound of vehicles. They both looked back and there were the trucks speeding after them.

"Oh no! We can't let them catch us again!" Angela exclaimed.

"Hurry! We have to get away from here!" Brooklyn instructed and he flew ahead of her. She followed his lead.

Theo was with the guards. "Don't shoot the female, Men! Go for the male. She won't let him out of her sight." He ordered over the coms.

"Yes, Sir!" The men all replied.

On their scopes, the darters were taking aim on Brooklyn.

Soon, there were darts flying up at them. Brooklyn yelped when he saw a white dart go flying past his left arm. "They're trying to dart us!" He cried out. That just made him fly faster. Angela just tried to keep pace with him.