Part 23

Venus slept most of the day away in her new bed and was up before the gargoyles would wake up. She took a shower as she hadn't had one for a while. She felt a lot better afterward. Then she was ready to go meet the clan upon their waking.

There were soon roars greeting the evening. It startled her at first. On her way out, she ran into a new woman, Elisa. Venus explained herself to her.

"I'm glad that you escaped Sevarius, though I didn't expect to be seeing you here was all." Elisa said.

"Me either. It's been a strange several weeks to me and one night." Venus explained.

"Let's go meet the clan now that they've awoken." Elisa smiled. She led the way.

The clan greeted them as they arrived.

"How are you feeling now, Brooklyn?" Angela asked.

"A lot better, my love." He replied with a smile.

"Now that you are feeling better, you think you could eat something?" Broadway asked.

"Yeah." Brook replied to him.

Broadway felt a little better about his former mate being with him now that Venus was here. He was going to rediscover courting a female. Half human or not.

Elisa was willing to help Venus reconnect with her family if she wanted to. Venus was willing to try but there were no guarantees. Her family needed to know of what happened to her. But she just wanted to get used to her new form first on the outside of the lab she had been in.

As he said he would, Broadway made a feast to welcome their new clan member and for finding Brooklyn after his kidnapping, again.

Brooklyn didn't want to leave the castle tonight. He just wanted to stay at home and relax with his mate. Tonight, they were going to babysit Alex. It would be a good idea to start getting experience with a toddler. Gargoyle children were kinda like them upon hatching. But it would still be a while before they were official parents. Alex would be about 12 by the time the baby hatched. And they could get parental experience over the years while babysitting.

Broadway was showing Venus around the castle grounds. Goliath, Hudson, and Lex went out patrolling tonight. Bronx came too. Goliath carried him.

Eventually, Venus would be able to come along on patrol too when she was ready. She just wasn't ready yet. Elisa had also suggested that she meet with her brother, Talon and the other mutates. Venus said that was okay but if they came to her. She didn't want to go down into dank, stinky sewers.

.............

Eventually, Venus met with Derek/Talon, Maggie, and Claw. Fang was still imprisoned. She didn't feel quite so lonely that she wasn't the only one mutated, but she also wasn't a cat mutate. She also continued to let Broadway be her guide more so.

But she got to know the other clan members too, one at a time. She began to feel at home with them. She also liked being around Angela when her mate wasn't with her.

For Brooklyn, he was nice to her, but he definitely felt that she wasn't his type. He was happier with Angela. He also asked her how she felt about babies. Venus told him that she was okay with them. But she wasn't ready for children herself. Someday. She also liked his strategy thoughts. He was perfect for the second in command role.

Venus liked Goliath and Hudson's mature natures. Hudson was like a grandfather to the rest, or father. Unknown to them, he was Broadway's birth father. Venus liked Goliath's leading abilities.

With Lexington, she was fascinated how he was the genius of the clan. He could be charming around her, but he wasn't flirting with her.

Broadway was watching Lex carefully because he saw him as competition a bit now. But his smaller brother wasn't interested in her. Just as friends. It was him who she found the most intriguing. How he had been with Angela is what got her to like him. He had a second chance.