Part 11

Over the next two hours, Brooklyn was sliding in and out of unconsciousness. Angela was doing everything in her power to keep him awake. She didn't want to lose him. He had been her only companion throughout all their misery for the past several weeks. And eventually, he would need to know that she was pregnant with his child. If he died this night, this child would be the only thing left of Brooklyn's bloodline, other than his clone, Malibu.

Angela talked to Brooklyn about adventures that she had had on her quest to try to keep him awake and entertained without him straining himself. She had his head on her lap and held his right hand. His left arm had to be down to keep the bandage over his wound. His blood was soaking through it but there wasn't much to do for it.

But sunrise soon came, and they both could finally breathe some relief as their stone sleep took over. Brooklyn was going to be just fine.

................

The next night, Angela awoke first with Brooklyn doing the same. It wasn't often he woke up laying down, but he had had no choice.

"How are you feeling?" Angela asked him.

"Hm, a little sore." He replied, stretching. He now took off the makeshift bandage. He saw that she had had to make it from her shirt. Most of her belly was now exposed. But nothing more.

He then flexed the former broken wing. It had healed enough. He still felt some pain in his ribs. It would take a few more days for them to heal. Other injuries were all healed. He had been lucky to not have died from the chest injury though.

"Come on, Angela. Let's go home." He smiled.

"Does your wing feel okay to glide home?" she asked.

"Yeah, it's fine."

"It was broken last night."

"It's fine now, I assure you." He said. "Come on. Let's go." He held out his hand for hers with a smile on his face.

She took his hand, and they went out of the building and took to climb the wall. They got to the rooftop and took to the air again. His wing must not have been that badly broken. There were still some painful areas in it.

They had to stop several times due to pain flaring in his body. He was still too sore to go too far without a break, but also that they hadn't glided much in weeks too. Their wings cramped up as well.

But on one of their stops, Angela was feeling the urge to throw up again even though she hadn't eaten anything. She ended up throwing up over the side of a building but directly into a dumpster.

"Angela? Are you alright?" Brooklyn asked in concern. He was standing by her, rubbing her back for comfort. She had been there for him, now he wanted to do the same for her.

"I'm okay. It's nothing." She said. "Just some nausea from not eating."

"Yeah, I understand. I'm hungry too. The sooner we get home, the sooner we can eat."

The two of them rested a few more minutes before taking off again. This time, they were able to make it into Manhattan. They were getting closer to home. With this, Brooklyn knew that his close time with Angela would soon be over, and she would be back in Broadway's arms, and he could go back to feeling lonely. Life just wasn't fair to him. But if there was something they both had in common was that they hoped they wouldn't be found by Theo again anytime soon.

Their wings were getting tired again when they finally touched down on the castle's battlements.

"Ahh! It feels so good to be home again." Brooklyn sighed big with a smile.