Part 2

Brooklyn sometimes would go off on his own to get away from the loneliness he felt here in the castle. But when he patrolled, Goliath preferred that his clan had company ever since the clan was revealed to the world not too long ago.

Sometimes Brooklyn would get paired with Lex or Broadway. Sometimes with Goliath or Hudson, but never Angela by herself. If Angela was going along, another male was always with them. Brooklyn hated it when it was Broadway, but he didn't mind so much with Goliath. He wished he could patrol with Angela alone though. He wanted so much to talk to her alone.

Brooklyn had run away once, but he had learned that lesson. His clan meant everything to him, and he wouldn't do it again, but he still needed his space at times.

Angela was also the only one of the clan who still believed in her mother, Demona. They had a relationship that the males would never understand. They had been working on trying to get along again. Demona hated humans with a passion and always would, but she loved her daughter no matter what. Angela also wanted to get along with her as she was about the only other living female gargoyle here in New York.

Demona had learned magic from the Archmage centuries ago and knew how to cast spells. She had put one of Goliath once and tricked Brooklyn into luring him to her. Now he hated her with a passion. Demona was also magically linked to a human named MacBeth and was the only one who could kill her despite his cousins, the Canmore family being hunters of her kind for hundreds of years. She was otherwise immortal. She had also tried to use Puck to get rid of humans once too, and she had ended up getting the gift from him to turn human in daylight instead of stone. She had come up with a new life for herself as a businesswoman in daylight hours.

The cyborg gargoyles were a long way from New York who knows where. Coldstone and Coldfire, the mated couple, were trying to keep their evil brother from doing evil things and trying to put a stop to him. But they wanted to return someday, if possible.

................

The biologists were going to go out night after night to grab the gargoyles of their choice. Theo just wanted one male and one female. If there were others, they would let them go. Some still needed to be guardians of the city. But of course, these people didn't know how dedicated the gargoyles were to their clan. They had the quarters for their guests ready too.

They had darts of tranquilizers ready to capture one or two of the clan. They might catch one tonight. They also had nets and ropes. They would do what they had to to contain their targets. They split up to look around the city.

.............

Brooklyn was patrolling tonight with Lexington. He was glad he didn't have to be with Broadway and Angela. They were looking over the East Village.

Some of the biologists were in the area and were using night vision binoculars to see them in the dark. "We have a couple targeted." The man said.

"Good." Theo said on the radio. "Now get them down and choose which one is good for our program, unless they are one of each gender."

"Yes, Sir."

The humans then prepared a plan to get the gargoyles down. A gun was loaded and one of the men took aim on the smaller one.

Up in the air, Brooklyn and Lex were just minding their own business when out of nowhere, a dart came and shot Lex in the left thigh, making him yelp out in pain.

"Lex, are you alright?" That got Brook's attention.

"I think so." Lex replied, but then he started getting drowsy. "I- don't feel so-." Lex said then began to fall.