Part 5

The clan had continued looking for Brooklyn all night. There was no trace of him. Goliath had gone underground to talk to Talon, Elisa's brother, and Maggie.

Maggie had a special regard concern for Brooklyn as a friend, but her heart belonged to Talon.

Talon agreed to help search for the red male. Claw and the clones would help out too. Even the humans down there. They all knew that Brooklyn had helped them out in the past. He deserved to be found.

Up top, Matt was helping Elisa. David and his robots were looking around the city too.

In Midtown, Broadway was with Angela. Hudson was with Lexington and Bronx in Upper Manhattan.

The team that reported the female were the one stalking the mated pair. They had their darts and nets ready.

One took aim with his night goggles. The dart was shot silently. It soon made contact. It hit Angela in the right arm. She cried out and started falling.

"Angela!" Broadway shouted in alarm and dove after his mate. He caught her and landed on a rooftop. But it didn't stop there. Broadway looked around. He saw nothing.

"Whoever you are, show yourselves!" The turquoise male demanded. No one came forth, but another dart came and got him in the backside. He winced and it didn't take long for him to be out too. He fell to the ground.

The humans then came forward and got Angela in a net. They also took the darts so there would be no proof. The lavender female was taken down the fire escape carefully. Her mate was left on his own to wake up.

Angela was taken to the alley and into the same transport truck. She was now on her way to the same place. Her arms were cuffed for precaution. "We have the female." A man reported.

"Good." Theo smiled smugly. "Soon, there will be a new baby on the way." Then he remembered Brooklyn mentioning hatching. So, it would hatch from an egg. Fine. That made him want to have an exam on the female when she got there. To just see if the reproductive system was similar to a reptile or bird's system or mammal's. He would also see about examining Brooklyn's too, but perhaps tomorrow night. The male had been stressed enough for one night.

At first, Theo told the others to not tell Brooklyn that the female was being brought in for him. But he would find out soon enough once the exams were over.

...............

Broadway soon woke up and found he was alone. This made him panic. He had to get home to tell Goliath. His daughter was now missing too! And being a female, who knows what the kidnappers would do to her?!

...............

Angela was soon brought into the facility. By then, it was too close to sunrise, but she was taken to an exam room. She was placed on her back and tied down. A collar was also put onto her neck. It was fastened and locked under her hair, like Brooklyn's.

Tomorrow, the fun would begin.

..............

Broadway told the others the same thing happened with Angela, and she was gone when he woke up. There was also no darts either.

Goliath wouldn't stand for this! He growled angrily. "We will find Angela and Brooklyn, no matter it takes!" He snarled.

The other males agreed. Then the sun rose. Bad days were ahead with two missing members.

The next night, they all awoke again and took to looking for them both.

................

Brooklyn and Angela both woke up from their stone sleep.