Part 4

The next night, Theo was ready to have a talk with his prize gargoyle. He had guards at his side as they were making their way to the cell. Theo wanted to know more about this male before resorting to tests or anything else.

Brooklyn had calmed down from waking up from stone sleep again. He still had some water left. It was room temperature, but he drank it anyway. Better than nothing.

He was still on the bed when suddenly, the door raised and slid to the ceiling. In stepped a tall man in lab clothes. There were some men in commando suits too with guns. Brooklyn was ready to fight. He glared harshly at them.

"Don't give me a reason to hurt you, Brooklyn." Theo warned him. He held out the remote in front of him too.

At the mention of his name, that stopped him. "Who are you, and how do you know my name?" Brook demanded. "Where's my friend?"

"You are here by yourself, so you don't have to worry about your friend. As for knowing your name, we heard you talking to yourself last night. Last night was just for you settling in here. Don't worry, you aren't going to be left to boredom all the time. I hope to counteract that tonight. Let me introduce myself. I am Theo McCurren, head of this secret operation of research." Theo explained.

"Where is here, exactly?" Brooklyn asked.

"Nuh uh. That is where I'm not revealing our location. You see, we require some research done on your kind, to find out more about you." Theo started to explain.

Brooklyn was relieved that Lex was still free, but he still had to get himself out of here. So far, he wasn't liking what he was hearing. "So, what do you want me for?" he asked bravely.

"You look like an ideal candidate of your species. I know there is much hatred in the city right now for your kind, but there are also others like me and my team that find you fascinating. Some information is needed to fully understand you. I need you to tell all that you know about gargoyles." Theo explained.

"And if I refuse?"

"Brooklyn, we have ways of finding out about the biologics of how your body can work, but we want to know more of where you come from, your linage so to speak. What gargoyles eat, how you fly in the air, use those impressive hands and feet, and your tail. The eye glow. All of that. It would be better if you could cooperate with me." For now, Theo was leaving out the part of wanting to know about the reproduction part.

"If you want my cooperation, then why do you have this thing on my neck?" Brook demanded, pointing to the collar.

"It was just for precautions. So, are we going to do this the hard way, or the easy way?" Theo asked.

"I can tell you things without being treated like a prisoner. Do you intend to run tests on me?" Brook asked nervously.

"I want you to tell me all that you know about yourself and your kind. We can treat you according to how you behave with me and my team." Theo replied. "The more you cooperate, the better you'll get treated."

"So many humans treat us like animals. We aren't animals for starters." Brooklyn growled.

"Well, you are more human-like than any other creatures we've studied. Being able to talk and showing sentience."

Brooklyn relaxed his manner more. He still saw the guns. "Please, just let me go. My clan will be worried about me."

"How big is your clan?" Theo asked curiously.

"Not very. Only six others."

"Very small one indeed. But I just need you here to answer more questions." Theo said.