Part 12

It took a few weeks for Brooklyn and Angela to feel like leaving the castle again. But Angela's 'morning sickness' was becoming more noticeable.

She didn't want to eat much; she threw up a few times a night, trying to hide it; she was dizzy and had headaches more; she had near constant nausea and needed to lay down a lot. She just downright didn't feel good and didn't like the smells of things. Whether it was certain foods or even a woman's perfume.

Fox had some on one night prior to go an event in the city, and the redhaired woman saw Angela put a hand over her mouth and go running for the nearest bathroom. She went to investigate and heard vomiting sounds in there. Soon, there was a flush. Angela moaned on the inside.

When the young female departed the bathroom, Fox was standing there. "Angela, are you alright?" she asked.

"Oh yes, I'm fine, Fox." The lavender female lied.

"That didn't sound fine to me. You haven't been quite yourself since you got back. Is there something going on?" Fox asked.

"No, nothing." Angela said and went back to her activity.

"If you want to talk, you can come talk to me, as another female around here." Fox declared.

"Thanks." Angela replied on her way down the hall. She went to the library to read.

Fox had a thought about what was causing her strange behavior. She had remembered well the times when she had to go do it in the past too. The throwing up. She also thought of Brooklyn, and he seemed fine.

Brooklyn was still on edge around them as humans, but he was just as nervous. But he wasn't getting sick every night like Angela was. Fox wondered. She went to her event afterward but would keep an eye on the two of them for anything else happening.

Angela was sitting on the library couch but wasn't reading. She was staring into the fire. She still needed to tell someone of this pregnancy. She was nearly seven weeks along now. She wouldn't be able to hide this for much longer. She had been avoiding the males a lot more, even Brooklyn.

Goliath even encouraged her to go on patrol sometimes now and there were times when she would get sick out there, or she had some dizziness and fainting spells. The males often had to retrieve her.

"What's wrong, Angela? What happened?" They would ask.

"I don't know. I just felt dizzy all of a sudden. I don't feel good." She would answer.

"You should go back home if you don't feel well, Angela." Goliath decreed.

Angela nodded.

She had also gone and seen Demona so she wouldn't worry about her anymore. As another female gargoyle, she felt a little more comfortable around her. Angela also hid her symptoms around her. Demona was pleased her daughter was safe.

Angela was still also contemplating whether she wanted to keep this pregnancy going. She knew that she would be laying an egg in less than four and a half months. It would be an egg that wouldn't be laid in the right time frame for other hatchlings to be born. Maybe she needed to talk to Fox or Elisa about this. Elisa, being a cop, likely dealt with women being raped all the time out on the streets.

She often wept about what was happening to her; why this had been done to her.

...............

As for Brooklyn, he wanted to not let her far from his sight. He was all healed from his injuries. But of course, he respected her space. He definitely wanted to keep his distance from Broadway and Goliath.

The turquoise male was having some strange thoughts about his brother too. Why was he watching his mate all the time and also being so standoffish? Brooklyn would back away from Broadway when he tried to come near him.