Part 13

Angela nervously went to find the red gargoyle. She knew he was around the castle somewhere. Now was as good a time as any to tell him while Broadway and Goliath were out.

She looked everywhere and couldn't find him. When she went to his room and knocked, she heard a "Come in" on the other side.

Brooklyn was just lying on his bed grumpily when he heard a knock on his door. He told the guest to come in.

The door opened and he saw that it was Angela. He sat up. "Angela? What's up?" He perked up in behavior.

"Brooklyn, I have to talk to you." She said.

"Okay. About what?" he asked.

She came over and sat next to him on his bed. "This won't be easy to say because it's a bit of a shock."

"What is?"

"You remember what happened to us and what we did." She stated. He nodded. "How could we forget so soon?"

"Brooklyn, their experiments on us, particularly me, they did..." Her voice trailed off.

"Did what? You can tell me." Brook declared gently.

"I'm pregnant, Brooklyn." Angela said.

The red male's eyes widened in shock and surprise. "Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yes. They told me before we escaped." She said.

"It's been weeks, Angela, and you never told me. You could have told me. Does Broadway know?"

"No. The only one who knows is Fox. We had a talk earlier. Brooklyn, there was just so much I had to think about first before I could tell you. I haven't felt well lately. And because of what we went through together and separately in that lab, I have a decision to make, and I need your decision in this too. Because this child is part of you too even though it is going to be a long time before it is going to be laid and hatch. But we don't have to keep this child as it wasn't created out of consensual love." Angela explained.

Brooklyn could see where she was coming from on this, but he had always loved her. Any female who would carry his children for him he wouldn't abandon them. He knew this was a strange turn of events though. He knew he had wanted kids someday with the right female, and he still hadn't found one yet. But would Angela even want to be his mate if she was possibly going to re-choose him or Broadway? Would the clan accept her choice? But it wasn't decided yet if she was staying with Broadway. Would she want to be his mate since she now carried his child?

"Angela, I know this isn't our rightful breeding time, but this is still a little shocking to me that this even happened. But also, I know that I would never abandon you or any female that would be willing to carry my children. I know we're not mates, but I'll be there for you to help you through the pregnancy. That's a promise. But given how our clan is so low in number, the hatchling would benefit our clan, but it's just my opinion. And I am so sorry for what the humans did to you, that they violated you like that." Brooklyn declared. "I never would have done it had they not threatened you to me."

"They did what?!" Angela exclaimed.

"They threatened to hurt you if I didn't mate with you. We both suffered at the hands of those scientists." Brook explained. "This must have been what they wanted all along."

"Despite that this is unusual, I wouldn't let those monsters have any baby of mine!" Angela snarled.

"Me either." He agreed. "But what do you want to do, Angela, about our baby?"

"Would you commit to being a father?" Angela asked.

"Ten years down the road, yes. I promise to be a very protective and devoted father to the young one. I know it's coming at a time when it's not normal, but it could be a miracle. Our clan needs new blood. I know you chose Broadway, but you are still the baby's mother. We don't have to be mates, though it makes for something awkward." Brook proclaimed.