Part 18

The next night, Brooklyn needed Fox's help to get everything ready for his picnic lunch with his mate.

There were some turkey sandwiches made, some applesauce in the jar, an apple pie, some grapes, and some mixed veggies. There were also some chocolate chip cookies too. It would be quite a date with satisfying food. It was all put in a basket that he took outside to a grassy area in the courtyard where he spread out the blanket where they were going to sit and eat.

Angela was told to come at a specific time, and she was a little late when she finally appeared. She had been looking for him.

"So, this is the picnic?" she asked.

"Yes, but I was waiting on you so we could take the food out together." He smiled at her. He didn't care if she was late as long as she had at least showed up.

Angela sat down on the blanket and Brooklyn began removing the baskets contents. She was amazed at how well and amazing it all looked. "What do you think?" he asked.

"They all look delicious." Angela's mouth watered.

"I tried my best." Brook smiled. He gave her a plate and she served herself while he did the same right after. They took a bit of everything. It was delicious alright.

Brooklyn was glad that his picnic idea had been a success with his girl. He loved being Angela's mate. This was what he had always wanted, though he thought it would have been nice to be with her longer without pregnancy first, but this was what had driven her to really reconfigure whether she loved Brooklyn or Broadway. She had chosen Brooklyn despite it breaking Broadway's feelings.

..............

Angela was pregnant during the summer months. The egg would be due to be laid this fall. She was so glad she wasn't laying more than one egg. Unless the eggs were a lot smaller, there was just no room in her body for more than one egg.

The clan's males were the only ones allowed to leave the castle at this time. If Angela wanted to see her mom, Demona had to come to her. The clan wasn't taking any chances on Angela getting captured or hit in a fight with her pregnancy. She wasn't allowed off the castle's premises.

After both her and Brooklyn's capture, even the red male still felt reluctance to leave her or to go anywhere because of what he faced too at that place. But Brooklyn just hoped that Theo wouldn't come after him with a vengeance. Or Angela for that matter. The hatchling would need its parents in a decade.

But Goliath was insistent that Brooklyn come on patrols with the clan since Angela couldn't right now. "Go, my love. I'll be here when you get back." Angela would tell and kiss him.

"Alright. I'll be back and then we can spend some time together." Brooklyn said.

"I'll be waiting, my love." Angela replied.

The boys went to go do their evening patrol before eating and Angela went inside to the library. She loved it in here. Hudson and Bronx were still here with her. They went to the tv room.

On patrol, Brooklyn knew that his mate was safe in the castle. But he just wanted to spend time with her as much as he could. They only had a limited time with the night not having so many hours like there were during the winter hours. But she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. He had to keep his mind on what he was doing right now.

There were definitely quite a few baddies out tonight. Brooklyn had even gotten into a scrape with some men who had guns and a knife. He had barely escaped by the skin on his beak. But the men were soon dispatched and taken to jail.

Brooklyn had an injury to his right arm from the knife. Lexington took out a cloth and bandaged it. Nothing too serious. It was in the middle of his lower arm.