Part 3

The next evening, the clan broke out of their stone skin. Elisa was up there to greet them. The clan couldn't be happier to see her.

"Hi guys, I was in the neighborhood." Elisa greeted them. She came over to Goliath and hugged him.

"It is good to see you, Elisa." Goliath smiled at his love.

Then she looked around at the others and noticed one of them was missing. "Where's Brooklyn?" she asked.

"That was what we were wondering." Lex said. "Me and him were on patrol last night in the East Village and were ambushed. We didn't see who it was, but I was darted, and Brooklyn came after me. He caught me and put me on a rooftop. When I came to, he was gone and there was no sign of the dart that hit me. I had it here in my thigh." Lex explained, gesturing at his leg.

"I hope he's not hurt." Angela stated in a worried voice. There was always that risk when any of them got captured.

"Don't panic, Angela. Brooklyn's strong. He'll find a way to get away. But we will be vigilant and look for him." Elisa tried to keep everyone calm. She knew they couldn't lose their heads in this situation.

"Elisa is right." Goliath said. "We must also tell Xanatos. The rest of you go start looking for Brooklyn. Lexington, take the rest to where you woke up and start there. Maybe Bronx can find a scent."

The clan went immediately to start looking for their missing Second in Command. Broadway carried Bronx. Lex led the way.

Goliath and Elisa went to tell David that they had a lost clan member to find. They would join the clan soon after. Lex had said the East Village was where he had been darted.

Later, the clan leader and detective had told David Xanatos and Owen that the red Second was missing.

"I'll help you look for him if you need back up, Goliath." David declared.

"Thank you." Goliath said. Then he and Elisa went to join the search.

...............

Brooklyn awoke up from his stone sleep the next evening. He roared to life like he did every night. When he came down from the adrenaline rush and his eyes returned to normal, he saw he was lying down on a soft bed. This was certainly new. He looked around and saw this wasn't his room at home.

He pushed the covers off of himself and sat up. He then remembered that he and Lex had gotten darted last night. "Where am I?" he asked out loud. Then he felt something on his neck. It was firm but not obstructing his windpipe.

Brooklyn put a hand up to his neck and felt metal. It went all around his neck. It was under his hairline in the back, having been locked on with a key so he couldn't take it off. He then tried to use both hands to get it off.

"Looks like our gargoyle is awake, Boss." One man said as he and Theo saw on the camera.

"Yep, and already he needs his first lesson about the collar." Theo declared. He pressed the button on the remote.

Brooklyn was trying to get this thing off his throat, but then, he felt a sharp pain on the underside of his neck. A volt of electric shock zapped him. "AGH!" It made him cry out in pain and he let go.

"He can definitely learn when to stop." Theo grinned. "Got to have some sort of control over him."

"What are we going to do with him tonight?"

"Just let him settle in tonight. He has to learn there is no escape and no one is to talk to him tonight either." Theo explained. He sent the message over the radio to all his workers.