Part 22

The males were all looking for Brooklyn. They were even using Bronx to get a scent if possible. The gar dog was sniffing, and he got a scent. He barked proudly and started to follow the trail.

"Good boy. Find Brooklyn." Goliath said.

They still didn't know about Venus, but Brooklyn's kidnapping was far more important to worry about at the moment. They followed Bronx. Luckily, there weren't many cars on the road right now.

They followed Bronx to the hideout that was only a few blocks away from where he had been taken. The clan landed on the ground. "Is this where Brooklyn is, boy?" Hudson asked.

Bronx barked in reply.

Inside, Brooklyn heard what sounded like a dog bark. Bronx's bark. They were here! Brooklyn smiled.

"Good boy." Lexington declared excitedly.

Bronx then slammed down a warehouse door. The humans in there were suddenly startled and looked at what came crashing in, wrecking their plans for torturing their prisoner some more.

Goliath, Hudson, Bronx, Lex, and Broadway all came into the building snarling and eyes glowing in anger.

"Let him go." Goliath demanded of the men, seeing his Second in Command lying on his back on the table.

"Goliath, help!" Brooklyn called out desperately, squirming. He tried to get up but couldn't.

"I see now that I had made the right choice among you for this one to be my breeding male." Theo proclaimed. "And no, I think I want to hold onto him."

"No! I'll never do as you ask again!" Brooklyn snarled. His eyes were aglow too.

"Then you'll be killed." Theo promised, taking a knife out of his pocket. He held it in his hand and was getting it closer to Brooklyn's throat when something metal came out of nowhere and struck the man's hand, making him drop it. He cried out in pain.

Lex had thrown a piece of metal on the floor at Theo's hand. His target had been accurate. "Let him go!" he snarled angrily.

That was when Lex couldn't take anymore and attacked the man on sight now that the knife was out of his hand.

The rest of them attacked the men around them as the men began to try to fight them off too.

When the fight was over, most of the men were unconscious but some were awake and being tied up. Lex released Brooklyn.

Brooklyn grunted as he got up. "Thanks, Lex. Ugh!" He held his stomach.

"What's wrong?" Lex asked in concern.

"I'll be fine, Lex. I was hit a few times in this spot." Brook was too winded yet to be able to fight. The bruises on him were still super tender. He would be fine by tomorrow night.

But it was Goliath who took on Theo and won. "I'll let Brooklyn talk to you first." He growled. He held the insane man by the arms. "Brooklyn, is there anything you want to say to this man?" he asked his Second.

Brooklyn turned to his leader. Holding his stomach and having his wings folded, he walked over with the others around him. "If you ever come near me or my clan again, I will see to it that I kill you for what you did to Angela and me!" The red male growled his threat to the man with glowing eyes. He also held up his left arm with the talons exposed as if he would tear his throat. Brooklyn then slashed part of the wall to make his point driven home.

Theo now had a scared look on his face.

"I think he means it too." Broadway sided with his brother, a sly smile on his face.