Part 7

The clan and their comrades had been looking for Brooklyn and Angela for over three weeks now. There were just no leads on them.

They were all worried and just hoped they were alright. Broadway hoped his brother wouldn't do anything stupid with his mate. He knew that Brooklyn had desired a mate for a long time, but it had been Angela's choice to be with him, Broadway.

Lexington missed hanging out with Brooklyn.

Goliath was worried about them both. One his Second in Command and the other, his daughter. Elisa tried to keep him calm, but it wasn't easy.

When Angela failed to appear for her visit with her mother, Demona, the redheaded blue gargess came to the castle, demanding where her daughter was.

"Angela has not come by my home like she says she would. Where is she, you giant behemoth?!" Demona demanded angrily.

"We don't know where Angela is, Demona." Goliath said.

"What do you mean you don't know where she is, Goliath?" Demona demanded.

"She and Brooklyn were kidnapped over three weeks ago. We've all been looking and nothing." Goliath explained.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could've helped." Demona stated. She looked at her former clan mates. Then she got why. "I'm her mother. I care about her just as much as you all do. Well, count me in. That's not your choice." She decreed.

The clan had no choice but to let the immortal gargess join their search hunt. Demona would make sure those who kidnapped her child would pay good for this!

..............

Brook and Angela had been separate ever since after their night of mating. They were both fed and watered daily but left alone too.

Brooklyn had been given books on motorcycles and such to read to try to ease his boredom, but he was more worried about Angela. He hated this. He was also exercised, and his vitals were recorded.

Angela had also been given books to read when she had told her interests. But she worried about Brooklyn and the clan. Was he being hurt?

But after three weeks, she was taken back to the exam room and some blood was taken from her first. She was tied down while a test was done, and it turned negative.

"That can't be right. Do an ultrasound on her." Theo ordered.

"Yes, Sir." The tech female said.

Angela had to put up with the slimy gel instrument being put into her vagina as it was too early to know for sure. But the results were the same. Her uterus was empty.

"I see the mating failed, my dear Angela." Theo said. "And you said Brooklyn would be a good breeder, Winnie." Theo spoke furiously at the tech.

"What did you expect?" Angela asked. "That I would get pregnant from it?!"

"Yes. I guess a mating will have to happen again, but we will need to get the cervix open for the sperm to pass. If Brooklyn refuses, he'll be punished severely."

"You don't get it, do you?!" Angela exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Theo asked.

"Unlike humans, it doesn't work like that with us. I can't get pregnant for another decade! Female gargoyles can only get pregnant every twenty years. My next breeding year is 2007." Angela clarified. "I have to be in heat. That's the only way it works."

"You're not just saying this to protect Brooklyn, are you?" Theo was trying to clarify it.

"No. It's the truth. We can mate all you want us to, and nothing will happen till that year." Angela declared.