trial, jj maybank

read daughter & custody first!

summary: jj goes to trial for custody of his daughter.

——————————————————-

"DADDY WHY ARE WE DRESSIN UP" QUINN ASKED PLAYING WITH HER DADS TIE.

he really didn't know how to explain this to her. quinn noticed the silence and decided to speak again

"mommy looks real pretty did you see her" quinn asks, she knew y/n wasn't her real mom. jj broke the news to her a couple days after the lawyer came

"hi daddy" quinn giggled. jj smiled lazily at his daughter and brought her up to sit with him.

"i have something to tell you q" jj sadly smiled "don't get mad okay? promise?"

"i could never be mad at you" quinn smiled leaning her head on her dads lap.

"you know the girl that came and saw daddy last week" jj asked playing with quinn's hair.

"that bitch" quinn sighed.

"hey no swearing" jj laughed "but yes that bitch"

"what about her" quinn asked looking at the roof.

"she's your biological mom, which means that you and her share the same blood" jj said, explaining it the best he could "but that doesn't make y/n your mom"

"y/n is my mom not her" quinn said not getting it "me and you share the same blood"

"honey, y/n doesn't share the same blood as us, that girl does" jj sighed "but y/n is still your mommy"

the topic was never brought up after that. y/n came over and quinn went straight to her. she was her mom, biological or not.

jj bent down infront of her trying to fix her hair

"i did" jj said smiling at his daughter "i love you q"

"you've been saying that a lot lately" quinn said "i love you too"

"you ready" sarah asks picking up quinn.

"no" jj mumbled "definitely not"

"come on j, your gonna win" john b said "let's roll"

"where's mommy" quinn asked as jj put her in her car seat.

"mommy's meetin us there" jj smiled kissing his daughters forehead. the ride to the courthouse didn't take long.

y/n had set jj up with one of the best lawyers her parents know. he's dealt with so many custody battles.

the dark side, every single one he was defending the mother of the child.

"daddy why are we here" quinn asks. jj held her in his arms and sighed.

"q when we go in there, they may ask you some questions okay" jj says "about the lady who came to uncle bs house a few weeks ago"

"i don't like her" quinn said "i like you, uncle b, auntie sarah, uncle pope, i love uncle pope"

"uncle pope loves you too" jj said "they may ask you some things okay, you answer honestly like i taught you"

"you taught me deny deny deny daddy" quinn says "but i'll say it honestly"

"if anything happens quinn just know that me and mommy love you so much" jj said kissing her forehead. quinn nodded and grabbed her dads hand.

"hey j, hey quinn" y/n said kissing jjs cheek.