Chapter 2 of Relief

"Carl Matthews? Oh." I blushed deep red as Kim pointed out my secret crush. Gosh, he's gorgeous. He's everything. "So look, Jade's drooling again with her daydreams." Namie, my other bestfriend, said. "Namie! I am certainly not daydreaming." I pressed on. Kim giggled. Oh, for God's sake, why do these girls have to interfere my imaginations? They can be so annoying, but they're still my friends. And yes, I've been daydreaming 'bout Carl, but not drooling. And I have no plans on admitting it to them. I know they would just laugh at me, seeing I'm the only single in the group. I envy them. Kim has Rain, Namie has Jerald, Kelly with Ron, and Sarah with Josh. I sighed and continued walking. When will any boy notice me? Well, except for the geek. Daniel Lawrence. The boy's been liking me for ages. Even though I'm turning him down, he's still there. Yeah, he's nice, but not my type. He seemed to never depart with his thin encyclopedias. Whatever. Carl's my focus now. "Hey, Jade." I heard someone call. "What?" Then, I nearly fainted. It was Carl who called me. Pinch me, I must be dreaming. "Y-y-yes?" I stammered. "I wa just thinking, you want to have lunch with me?" His eyes are twinkling. Beautiful. "What? Seriously?" I was shocked. "Yeah." I nearly died when he flashed that smile. I glanced at my friends. They were as shocked as me. They just stared. "Oh I was just--" "Good morning, Jade. See you at class." Daniel smiled at me. He was there to go to his locker, too. "Oh yeah, I remembered. I was invited by Daniel to have lunch today, so I can't come with you. Maybe next time, though. See you." I said. Daniel looked surprised.