Chapter 2 of Part 2.

“Have you thought about it?” Kelly demanded me, her voice so serious.

I called to her that day to tell her my decision.

“You’re such a jerk! Haha. I know you’re dying in anticipation over there for these past few days. Hahahahahaha! You’re hilarious.”

“Why are you laughing at me? Is it wrong to anticipate? And I know what your decision would be, silly! Who’s hilarious now, huh?”

“Are you challenging me?”

“Am I? Oh I’m so sorry!”

“Hahaha! You’re really funny!” I miss laughing like this. This is the first time I’ve ever laughed loudly again.

“Whatever. So, what now? What’s your decision?”

“I decided to talk to Daniel personally.”

“Oh, that’s great news! So when would it be?” She asked with excitement on her voice.

“After I give birth.”

“Are you really a bitch? Dang! Why would you wait for that?”

“HAHAHA! You’re really funny. I can imagine how your face was distorted with my news.”

“So, you’re still laughing at me? Who’s bitchier than us now? HAHAHA!”

We continued to be bitch around each other until we got all our oxygen in our lungs out.

“Jade, I’m serious!”

“But, Jade. After you give birth? Why the hold-up?”

“My fear is eating me.”

“What fear is that, again?” She sighed.

“Fear of rejection.”

“Idiot! Like you don’t know what Daniel is like. He’ll die just to see you.”

“Now that’s a hyperbole.”

“Hyperbole or not, we both know it is true.”

“Oh.”

“Huh. I caught you off guard.”

“Really. I’m afraid.”

“Whatever.”

“Kelly!”

“What?”

“I. Am. SERIOUS!”

“I am, too!”

“But you sounded not.”

“He won’t reject you! He’ll accept you, whatever your past may be. He loves you more that you can imagine. He waited for you for a long time. And I know that when the right time comes for both of you, he won’t let you go.”

There was a long silence. I think of what she said.

She’s right. I’m stupid.

I sighed.

“I wouldn’t let him go, too. Never I would.” I said to her.