Chapter 9 of Relief

Daniel approached me at my table when we got back to our classroom from lunch. "I hear that you've been asked by Carl for the school dance and you've accepted his invitation. I refuse to believe it unlit I heard it from you. Is it true?" Gosh. I never thought that he will come to me and asked. "Uhm. Yes I have accepted his invitation." I mumbled. "Oh." I saw his face fell. "I was supposed to ask you, too, but it seems like the girl of my dreams has been off to somebody else." He said. "Oh. I'm so sorry, Daniel. I really don't know that you'll be meaning to ask me. I'm really sorry." I said to him. "It's fine. I know you don't mean it, and you're not obliged to go to the school dance with me anyway." He said with a laugh. "I'm really sorry. Thank you for understanding." "Sure. That would never be a problem." He started to walk away, but stopped and turned to me again. "Before I forgot, I want you to take this." He showed three tulips, red in color this time. "Oh. These are beautiful. I love tulips. Thank you." I smiled at him. He was really easy to please.

I sat to my table, setting the tulips inside the drawer of my desk. I was--again--deeply immersed by my thoughts. I do feel guilty in rejecting Daniel's invitation. He was really nice. Really. If I should open my heart to him, maybe... What am I thinking? The hell.