Chapter 15 of Part 2.

“We need to talk.” We both said at the same time, he, hesitantly, I, determined.

“What is it?” He asked me.

“I need to tell you something.”

I called Kelly as soon as I thought about it over. She supported me, saying that I can do it. That I am a fighter.

A fighter.

That’s right, I told myself.

Jade, you are a fighter. You managed through all this, so you can do it. Talk to Daniel now, Jade. C’mon.

My heart was right. My mind was wrong. Wrong for doubting my feelings when someone had doubted them. I really loved Daniel with no reason but love. Just love.

And that’s what true love is.

I need to convince myself with that for like, a hundred times. I scolded myself for the every second of 48 hours, and I came up with a decision.

I NEED to do it. Not want, not desire, but NEED.

I need to blurt it out.

I need to free myself.

I need to confirm and say to Daniel that I really love him.

“Kelly. You’re wrong about me.”

“How come?” She said.

“You’ve underestimated the power of my love, and that insulted me.” I eyed her seriously.

“Oh. I was just making sure.”

“Don’t you trust me?” I asked her.

“Of course I do, what makes you think—“

“I can feel your doubts around me.”

“I just hate to see you being hurt again. I can’t bear it.”

“You know Daniel wouldn’t—“

“I know Daniel won’t.” Kelly said. “It’s you I’m worried about. You can be reckless at times—“

“Kelly. Just stop.” I realized my tone had spiced up because she flinched. “I mean, get a grip. I’m serious about this. Being a mother made me strong and more matured. I’ve had experienced enough suffering, so I won’t grab something that I didn’t think over. Trust me.”

“Do you really love Daniel?” She simply said.

“Of course.” I responded with conviction.

“With all your heart?”

“Yes.”

“Are you ready to be committed with him?”

“Forever.” I said.

With that, she believed in me. She hugged me.

“Babe, I think you’re now ready to go.”

“Do you believe my love?”

“I can feel it, Jade. And you know yourself that I love you, too, right?”

“Always.” I looked down at my hands.

He took them and intertwined our fingers. “Jade, I will always love you. And no matter how hard it takes, I’ll never give up on you. You’ve changed me hugely.”

“You, too. You added up color to my life.” I think it sounded awkward and cheesy, but I don’t care. It’s what I feel.

He cupped my cheek. “I’ll never leave you, if that’s what you’re afraid of.”