Chapter 3 of Part 2.

“Ms. Lawrence, you and your baby are in good condition. But, I’m sorry to tell you that I can’t let you travel. You’re going to expect your baby anytime now, and I want you to be extra careful with yourself.”

“Oh, I will, doc. But, can I do some shopping? It’s near my place. I haven’t done shopping for my baby.”

“It’s alright, as long as it’s nearby.”

“Thank you, doc.”

“By the way. Can I ask you why are you asking me if it’s alright for you to travel?”

“Oh, that. I just want to do some business. I want to arrange something, but I see it will be done after my baby comes out.”

“Ah.”

“Doc, can I ask you something?”

“Yes, Ms. Lawrence?”

“Have you had another patient with the same case of me? Unwanted pregnancy?”

“Yes, I do.”

“How did she handled it?”

“Well, she was nearly broke. She hurts herself, she’s completely destructed. I pity her when she comes here. I was extra careful with her. I talked to her patiently, and after several months, she came up with herself. She shocked me when she came here for another check-up. She mesmerized me. And when she talked to me, we both cried. I cared for her too much.”

“Oh, that’s nice for her. Uhm..?”

“Yes?

“Am I like that before?”

“Honestly, you were just miserable as her before. But you recovered so well, and so fast. You learned to love yourself, and live for your baby. And I’m proud of that. I’m proud of you.”

“Thank you, doc.”

“Anytime within this month, all your hardships would be rewarded. You’ll be a mother soon. It’s a tiring but wonderful experience. You might as well take care of your baby as you took care of yourself.”

“Of course, I will. I love her more than anything in this world. I now understand my mother. All thanks to him.” I touched my stomach.

“You would only know and understand what a mother feels when you became one.”

“That’s what my mom’s been always telling me. And I would want my child to know and understand that.”

“Yes, I think she would.”

“She?”

“Yes, Ms. Lawrence. You would give birth to a girl, and I think she’ll be as beautiful as you.”